Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Mountainsmith Flashback!

Thread: Mountainsmith Flashback!

Default Mountainsmith Flashback!

Hey All

Thought everyone could appreciate a look back at an instance of a Kifaru ancestor.....

we see here the partial iteration of a delta strap, a non-hideaway 3" padded belt and PURPLE trim :-)

no elastic bungee.... I can't put a particular time frame to this pack, but I bought my first MS DAY packs in
    '95 and it had the Delta strap assembly etc.
    Yo Gabba Gabba!

Default Re: Mountainsmith Flashback!

Egg--

Vintage is '83/'84. Where did you find the pic? Do you own the pack? Blast from the past, for sure.

Since you brought up Mountainsmith....I'm still trying to get over my tipi-addiction when I started researching packs, as I have the old-style external frame.
    My unbiased conclusion, based on my research at REI and Backpacker.com and other sites, is that the Mountainsmith/Kifaru design may be the best thing on the planet.
    I'm just so impressed with Kifaru that I've decided I'll never buy anything anywhere else that I can get here.
    I'm hoping that Patrick's "book" will be out by the time I get my Longhunter.

yes I own the pack - picked it up a few weeks ago at a local swap mart
    the buckle is not original, its dated 96
    I figured it was an older pack.

MS packs seem to enjoy fair value on Ebay. That is packs before 1995-96 timeframe.
    Yo Gabba Gabba!