Thread: 4 Man in Main, Zach Hart

snowdevil Guest

Default 4 Man in Main, Zach Hart

Had a hard time getting a good pitch w/ only a few inches of soil to work with….
    But even with 2 days of non-stop rain, being able to come back to camp, dry off yourself and gear and cook a hot meal, I’m not going to complain…..
    life is good in a Tipi…….

Default Re: 4 Man in Main, Zach Hart

Is that Maine? Look at that nice long pipe. Nice..
    WARNING DO NOT TOUCH HOT STOVE
    -----SEVERE BURNS MAY RESULT------

did that pipe come with the tipi stove? just wondering thanks

I use a pipe that is 1 foot higher than the old standard but I think Kifaru has added about 10 inches to the pipe. However I bet that pipe is even longer than mine. Check out pics in "tipi camping in my back yard" in this form.

WW,Yes, that is Maine, did the trees tell you? I counted 9 species of softwood in that spot....

i'm starting to get a chuckle from this....i think my buddy may have snapped the pic just as I was taking down the stove and tipi? so maybe I was lifting up on the pipe.....
    it's a med. stove, but I think the length of the pipe is still the same for the small and med stoves in the 4 man?
    sorry for the confusion, i didn't even really notice till you pointed it out!

edit: i'll measure it tonight and get back...

Just curious, do you guys ever worry about the stove pipe in storms? I see that there are plenty of taller trees around but do you ever worry about that stove pipe being a lightning rod?

Was just wondering as we've had some storms come through the Boundry Waters canoe area and lightning has set off a number of forest fires.

No I worry about things like ticks and broken bones etc. Lightning does not worry me as the chance is low. I mean I don't run around on ridge tops during storms etc but that is all.