Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum News

Default Forum News

Greetings beloved Forum colleagues!

This forum was in the very forefront of “social media” entities when we cranked it up lo these twenty two years ago. It was linked to the fledgling Kifaru’s fledgling “website”-—the New Way for my new company to purvey its wares directly to the customer, allowing us to make the gear right here in America The Web held the promise, and the risk, of pulling that goal off. The Forum was a risk too; other business owners said I was insane to allow two way comments about the gear, no censoring and no holds barred. I simply replied that we would have to be above reproach in quality so that we would NOT get whacked with negative comments. Well, we did exactly that, and the Web risk and the Forum risk worked out
    Folks learned about the new Mountaineering-inspired gear for hunting, and were able to discuss it honestly here on this venue. And along the way fast and true friendships among fellow correspondents developed (Friends In Memorium include Bill Krenz, Ralph DeCamp and Henry Bussinger.) We've come a long way together. But there are fewer and fewer of us today. While this format in the beginning was a powerful engine of communication there has been a vast explosion of social media venues since then Forums, as such, are dying off. My beleaguered staff also reports that maintaining simple security is a big problem. Security against malicious entities penetrating our website itself, or inflicting viruses on corespondents here, or indeed destroying this Forum!
    Those remaining correspondents here are very likely of a type: they are NOT social media mavens. Certainly this applies to Flamingo 7 (Steve Lair) whose nickname was until very recently “Flip” due to his persistence in clinging to his elderly non-smart cell phone. Others probably are media savvy (friends Xak, Paul Vertrees and others come to mind) but they remain nonetheless. All who remain must nevertheless realize that there are very few of us. Too few to justify continuing to flog a very elderly horse. And risky security-wise. Freezing the Forum is far better than eliminating it, and that is what we've decided to do. All the encyclopedic reams of solid data about the things we love will be saved. Under that scenario we just won't be able to interact any longer right here.

HOWEVER. Our savvy IT guru Nathan Brown has discovered a solution for keeping we remaining band of brothers in communication with each other. Here's the deal: it's called a google group. It's essentially a very small Forum Sort of an insiders insider group. I suspect even Steve Lair now knows how to use google. So. If you wish to sign up for this Group say so in response to this post. Nathan will subsequently email instructions to you. I believe the group will be something of a “closed” entity-—that someone in the Group will have to vouch for you if you're a latecomer. Something like that. In any event this is very good news for the continuance of discussing Bear Handguns and such on into the bright future. I can even tell you “bitter clingers” all about my adventures with my new 458 Socom!

Shall we see how this works out? Then please sign up below. Nathan will collect your names at 4PM this coming Wednesday Mountain time.

All the very best,

Patrick

Default Re: Forum News

I would like to be included. Thanks so much!

philos

adding my email

joe@netwitt.net
    Last edited by Philos; 05-01-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks for all the years Patrick.

I'm in on the group:
    joeyhizzle@gmail.com

Count me in

Dave Roth
    Don't just do something, sit there and think.

Thanks for all the knowledge Patrick. Can't believe I have been a member for almost 15 years.

Count me in on the group.

I'm in.

Thanks for the opportunity.

kginter2013@gmail.com
    Last edited by Ken; 05-01-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities.” -Nessmuk

Patrick, thank you for Kifaru. It has motivated me to spend much more time outdoors. Sign me up!

Sure sounds like a good time, have a few laughs, enjoy freezing rain wet wood and great company. Day Ohhh.

Thanks for everything Patrick.

Please add me to the list.

Bill Brown

Mrbillbrownjr@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested! Thanks Patrick!

Smcguirt at g mail dot com

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk