Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
When this forum closes, where will you guys go for sales and BS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When this forum closes, where will you guys go for sales and BS?

Default When this forum closes, where will you guys go for sales and BS?

Hey Kifaru members,

Kifaruforums has been a great site for discussion, learning and also exchanging gear. This has been one of my go-to places for buying used gear because you guys have damned good stuff.

Where will you guys go once this place is locked up? Where should I go to watch for your used KU3500 or Merauder postings?

Other places I have sold:

Bladeforums (frequently)
    24HourCampfire (once in a while)
    Last edited by 360joules; 04-25-2019 at 03:29 PM.

The Unconstitutional State of Connecticut

Default Re: When this forum closes, where will you guys go for sales and BS?

I am also curious about this. Rokslide forums works. But I am diehard KIFARU gear for life. Please chime in quickly.

Bunch of other Scouts here. MojoSlim's there, I've seen a few other names from here...
    https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/

24hourCampfire killed the "Is .243 AI Enough Gun" thread, so, haven't been there in a while. (not quite as bad as kifaruforums going away, but, bummer...)
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    Bunch of other Scouts here. MojoSlim's there, I've seen a few other names from here...
    https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/

24hourCampfire killed the "Is .243 AI Enough Gun" thread, so, haven't been there in a while. (not quite as bad as kifaruforums going away, but, bummer...)
    I'm on bushcraftusa forum as well with the same username.

Yep. I do like Bushcraftusa. I've got an account there as well.

I'm on Bushcraft USA too, but I sure don't have over 6K posts like I do here!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

I lurk @ BCUSA some so will most likely join. I wonder if it would be possible to convince them to get a Kifaru subforum opened? It may pull in additional traffic and users from here.

z
    Last edited by Zane Rakes; 04-25-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: content add

Quote Originally Posted by 360joules View Post
    Hey Kifaru members,

Kifaruforums has been a great site for discussion, learning and also exchanging gear. This has been one of my go-to places for buying used gear because you guys have damned good stuff.

Where will you guys go once this place is locked up? Where should I go to watch for your used KU3500 or Merauder postings?

Other places I have sold:

Bladeforums (frequently)
    24HourCampfire (once in a while)
    the more important question is what are you hoarding and what do you have to go? It's a good point there is no place to buy and sell the legacy gear as easily as here. To me it's a distant second but I have had good luck finding gear on Rokslide. And if you are holding on to an OTW in foliage tell me now!

Met some great guys here and still consider several good friends. Hate to see this place disappear.

Rokslide has been my go to for info and selling gear outside of the Kifaru forums.

Find me under the username “mrbillbrown” over on Rokslide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushcraftusa has a 7 year old Kifaru thread with 1500 posts and over 297,000 views.

https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/kifaru.55283/

They do have an general BST section but you must be a paid supporter to use it. Its a great site to support. Family friendly and courteous members. Wide variety of sub forums.
    Last edited by LMT66; 04-26-2019 at 05:02 AM.