Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Death by SPAM - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Death by SPAM

Default Re: Forum Update

Yeah the Forums has been a great resource for many and really helped Kifaru get their customer base. without these forums new people will struggle to learn about Kifaru and how awesome the gear is. Its well worth the investment to keep it going. Its how this fine community of great people was built and has kept going for all these years. Maybe pass the torch to trusted customers and friends of the Kifaru Family to manage and keep the hackers at bay.

Very sorry to see this go. It's the end of a very good era.
    ďWe do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities.Ē -Nessmuk

I've learned more, met more, gained more, and had more fun with people here than lots of other folks. From my first or second rondy with a big floppy hat and yellow skirt as I entered the big top and hearing mumbles of, "who's that freak (insert whatever other words were being mumbled) in the skirt," to all the friends I now call as such, I can't say how important these forums have been.
    I am sorry for the loss, but know friends will stay so and I hope there's a concurrent way to welcome folks to the family as I was greeted and welcomed.
    Good times were had, I hope more are.
    See many of you on the 11th I hope!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone and the folks at Kifaru for making this possible. I canít believe itís been over 13 years since I first joined, but Iíve gained a lot of knowledge and some friends along the way. Hope to see yíall around the next digital campfire soon!

I don't make it here as often as I once did, life changes things, and am saddened by this news. I sure do hope they figure out a way to keep all this as a view only option. I will greatly miss going back and reading all the old timberline writings and the rondy recaps. Since my boy Henry passed away I go back through here and look at those rondy pictures of all my boys and Patrick and my other good friends and it makes me happy.

Anyway, it's truly been a pleasure getting to meet everyone .

Take care....

Dan
    I seek the forest for adventure and a free, open-air hunter's life

I'll be sorry to see this forum go. Like others, I don't visit daily any more and it's obvious the forum has quietened significantly over the past couple of years so it's not surprising that it's going the way of the Dodo.

I always check here a couple of times a month to see what new gear is on offer though. I'm not a fan of Facebook and don't bother with Instagram so I guess I'll be behind the curve for new gear releases from here on. Kifaru and HPG's forums are what sets their brands ahead of the likes of other companies. Other users' honest feedback on how specific packs/setups work for them is immensely helpful when deciding what to buy myself.

Hope to see you all around on other forums some time soon.

Sorry to see the forum go away. This forum was how I discovered Kifaru packs and eventually purchased an X ray off the trading post. That pack has been all over the world with me. I recently replaced the pack with a new Shape Charge and looking forward to creating new memories. I didnít post a ton here but the info in these pages is incredible. Take care everyone!

X-ray will becomes my new fishing pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still live?

Quote Originally Posted by Athame View Post
    still live?
    LOL, there are more posts today than in the past month!

Ironic, isn't it? Good to see it still alive, but I'm sure it's on borrowed time!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com