Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death by SPAM

Default Re: Forum Update

Thanks for being such a great resource over the years.

Aloha Kakou from somewhere beween the Oscillations

Quote Originally Posted by LMT66 View Post
    If that’s possible, include the entire original forum. This place had many more individual sub forums with a wealth of information that disappeared after the office changes took place.
    Agreed. There's a wealth of knowledge on this forum (and hidden in invisible subforums) that would be sad if lost.

I'm feverishly archiving a bunch of my PMs. I've gotten lots of great info and had lots of great conversations - for example, Ralph DeCamp sent me a bunch of info about getting started sewing my own gear and i reference those PMs all the time.

Also, maybe I can hit 1000 posts before the 29th
    MojoSlim

Wow, this is a real bummer. Don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Rakes View Post
    Any chance the forums could be kept as searchable archives? No posting, just the ability to read/use all the old info on here...i really enjoy going thru Patricks ramblings occasionally.

Either way, thanks for hosting this as long as you have.

zr
    there is a place on the net called the way back machine, you can see just about all of this there

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Afternoon everyone,
    Today I am sad to inform the Community here that we must shut down the forums on Monday the 29th. This place has long been a free sharing of knowledge, stories, gear and camaraderie which I know a lot of people will miss. Unfortunately, the Internet has reared its ugly head and we can no longer keep up with the amount of spam accounts that constantly flood our inboxes through the forums. We will have blog posts from Patrick, Aron and guest authors and I will have write ups on new gear coming down the pipeline. If you wish to be in the know on events, we will be hosting such as the Rondy's or gear swaps, please email me and I will make sure you are on the mailing list. If you would also like to contribute to the blog, have any questions or concerns or just want to shoot the **** you are always welcome to email me as well.

Thank you for the many years of discussions and your loyalty to our company's forum. We very much appreciate you all and wish that this forum could keep being a part of our community.

Again, many thanks and most appreciated. Please hit me up if you guys have any concerns.

Eric
    Are you guys keeping the Facebook Kifaru Insiders group?

Quote Originally Posted by tendeerfeet View Post
    there is a place on the net called the way back machine, you can see just about all of this there
    Have used this magic thing, hadn't thought of using it for the forums. Here's a link worth saving, any subsequent updates will show in the timeline at the top of the page. Thanks for mentioning this Kevin!! (edit: not sure how much of this is really archived underneath, and this page that I sent below looks more like a January 2018 snapshot when you start clicking into it...)

https://web.archive.org/web/20190114....net/forum.php

Quote Originally Posted by tendeerfeet View Post
    Are you guys keeping the Facebook Kifaru Insiders group?
    I'd bet all of my Kifaru stuff that the answer is "Yes".
    Last edited by robcollins; 04-24-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by medic16 View Post
    Never thought I would see the day. Been posting since 2004. Its been fun looking at old posts from back then.
    X2

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Really sad to hear...enjoyed being a part of this community...met a lot of great folks and soaked up incredible volumes of knowledge here. May be a “it is what it is” situation,’but I will be holding out hope that this evolves rather than dies. Not only for the sake of knowledge and brotherhood of community, but for the good of the company. Personally I feel the forum is a significant asset to the brand...one that sets it above many others. If it wasn’t for a Forum post I stumbled upon many years ago, I would likely have little to no exposure to Kifaru or its products. There is no greater marketing power than first hand independent 3rd party users can provide. Sure there are other sources that may work for a currently captured market, but to increase the market - to facilitate and encourage individuals to learn, experience, buy-in and preach - well, that’s where a Forum excels. Tube vids, blogs & vlogs, articles & essays, etc. ain’t a substitute. Looking forward to staying in touch with many friends here. Where there is a will, there is a way. Evolve.

Yeah this would be a real bummer. Id say we move to a friend of a friend type of members only Board and add a few new moderators. Im sure a lot of us would love to be involved to keep the Forums open. Besides how would we ever make plans for the up coming Rondy's We do have a ton of fantastic info on this board. Would hate to see all of that lost. I think there are some great options here. Just need to figure out what would work best for Kifaru and who is willing to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by shtfco View Post
    .... what would work best for Kifaru and who is willing to assist.
    Best for Kifaru, that's Eric and Aron's decision. I'd throw my name in the hat of "who is willing to assist", but, my perception is that Eric & Aron's choice should be primary and either way won't be world-ending. My needs/views aren't what drives the success of this company. (if it were, you suckers'd have one choice, and like it: OD, 1000D, which would shrink the customer base to, me, Ransom, and a few other curmudgeons... Ha!!) I echo the sentiment that it's a pretty vast resource.

If any of y'all aren't on Facebook and want updates on Rondies and the like, PM me your email, I've already got a lot of them, I'm friends with most I know of on Facebook or Instagram, including several of the East Coast and West Coast guys.

I'm driving East after work today to turkey/mushroom hunt (and crappie fish?) with my folks in Missouri, dad found over 200 morels on Sunday. Won't be back until late Monday, so this might be my last post here.

Will be hauling my 22 Mag, new grab from the 2nds list a few weeks back, posted on Facebook. (OD, 1000D btw... Win for the curmudgeon!!!)

Patrick, your vision's been inspiring me to find new ways to travel lighter and go further since about 1990, your company's going to keep on doing that, hopefully long after I'm an old fart shooting squirrels in the back yard and griping at neighbor kids to get off of my lawn. Thanks everyone for sharing your stuff, your stories, ideas, and mostly your friendship here!
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ