Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claymore Gen 2 Pocket

Default Claymore Gen 2 Pocket

Gen 2 Claymore Pocket - 360 cubic inches / 5.89L - .60lbs / 12" x 8" x 4"
    Back again in a slightly smaller form is the Claymore pocket / lid. The Gen 1 pouch was a beast. It had active compression and was not only lined with Pals webbing on both sides, it was also 1000d and lined with packcloth on the inside as well. There was a velcro topped pocket, mesh pocket and sewn in slot pockets as well. This is a more updated version that falls in our current methodology of lighter gear construction.
    Name:  Claymore_CB.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  33.7 KB
    When I was making the Hooligan, I had messed around with attaching the Sherman pocket as a lid. The only problem with this was that the height of the pocket bent around the top of the pack which effectively isolated the bottom contents of the Sherman pocket. To remedy this I made a shorter, squattier version and added some features that would make it work better as a lid pocket. After a while it started to have some of the same features of the old Claymore. The front of the pouch has a zippered pocket with a little bit of dimensioned space to it.
    Name:  Claymore_5.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  73.6 KB
    First, I had to keep things from spilling out of the pocket when I opened it. The Sherman's main zipper was swooped towards the zippered mesh pocket so you could get access to the contents of that pocket when the pouch was full. This made it easy for items to fall out when it was on top of the pack. So, I raised that to create a barrier and keep your headlamp in the lid when going for the Cliff bar.
    Name:  Claymore_6.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  47.0 KB
    For internal organization, there is a zippered mesh pocket that has a key lanyard. I catch hell from some of the guys for putting key hooks in everything, but I've had to deal with lost keys in the mountains before. Driving your friend 1.5 hours to his house and back because he lost his keys is stupid and avoidable.
    Name:  Claymore_7.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  33.0 KB
    On the inside front of the main compartment, there are 3 slot pockets. The outside pockets have enough room for chunkier things like GPS, locator beacons, smaller fishing lure and fly boxes or 2 Cliff bars. The middle pocket is ideal for a pocket knife, lighter, or a DMT Diafold sharpener. The pockets are topped with binding tape so pocket knife and flashlight pocket clips have something to grab onto.
    Name:  Claymore_4.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  132.3 KB
    The back of the pouch has 4 tabs for using it as a lid. This pouch will go on any of our packs that can accommodate a lid (and probably some that usually can't, you guys are a creative bunch). Included with each Claymore that is purchased on its own comes a Guide lid kit (4 k-clip straps, 4 Male dual-adjust SR buckles, 4 Split tail Female SR buckles and 4 pieces of One-Wrap Velcro strap keepers) and 2 long Malice clips. This will make it attachable to almost everything. The Pals webbing layout is two sets of three fields, 8 columns wide. The idea for this is you can use either 2 Long malice clips or 4 Short malice clips, depending on where it's going.
    Name:  Claymore_2.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  20.6 KB

The Claymore pocket will be coming in all our standard colors, solids are $65 and camo's are $75. They will come standard and included with every Hooligan along with 2 Long Malice clips in case you want to put it on the front of the Hooligan. You can also use the lid straps to secure the Claymore at the bottom of the Hooligan if you are going to use a different lid. At 360 cubic inches, this can make a pretty well stocked First Aid or Essentials kit for your car or truck and can be press-ganged into service as a small fishing pack using Kclip straps as a shoulder strap.

If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me an email or PM me here. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Bender; 04-11-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Default Re: Claymore Gen 2 Pocket

Eric thanks for announcing these new products here, and thanks for all the details. We appreciate it.

I'm definitely ordering this Claymore.

I really appreciate the closer look and the explanation behind the features here too. It's nice to see a positive use made of the forum!

Yeah, but will it still hold a Claymore set-up?
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Gobbler and XMP - No problem, I will definitely try and keep you guys informed. If you have any questions about the gear I check this forum every weekday morning and jump in when I can. I wish I had the time to do in depth stuff like Mel did back in the day but I have too much going right now. I will of course try my hardest to get the information you guys request however.

Buckaroo - Good point, completely forgot to cover this. It is sized to fit either (1) M18a1 Claymore or (1)M33 Apers and a M10 Wire reel or 2 Claymores without the reel. The Outer zippered pocket is diemensioned and can hold an extra components or layout diagram for watch change (so it doesn't blow away). The inner slot pockets are sized to fit M57 clackers on the sides and the center pocket will hold stakes. The mesh pocket can contain trip assemblies and keep them out of the way. The center sleeve pocket is not static proof for blasting caps but can hold them.
    Last edited by Bender; 04-12-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Eric,
    thoughts of this as a chest rig, or as a pocket on a Koala Lite? (asking for a friend who's got a Koala Lite with no pockets) It seems a little wider than a PALS Panel based on slot counts, the outside channels aren't quite full width, but should attach fine....

Thanks man!
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Bender - excellent! Nice to know this new pouch is still in keeping with it's name.

Take care,
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Eric, Thanks for the presentation on the forum. Will have to get one of these on my next order. Keep them coming.

well done on the key hooks...coming from someone who has had similar bad luck...:-)

Hi. Would this work well on the front of a native or would it be too wide? Thanks.