Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hooligan now in store
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooligan now in store

Default Hooligan now in store

Morning everyone,

We released a new rucksack style pack yesterday, the Hooligan. Our tactical line hasn't got much love in the past few years as we concentrated on the Hunting market. We are looking to remedy that with a few new items coming out soon, the first of which is the Hooligan and Claymore Pocket.
    Name:  Hooligan_1large.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  23.9 KB
    It is an internal framed pack based off the Shape Charge suspension that has a lot of the features of our new Hoodlum Duplex pack mixed with some old Zulu DNA and some of our new construction methods.
    Name:  Hooligan_3large.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  22.9 KB
    It has two zippered side pockets with internal Tweave open topped pockets that will hold 2 STANAG pattern magazines. The side pockets have a lock out tab that keeps the #8 YKK zipper from opening by itself. The main compartment is accessed by a drawstring top and two #10 YKK zippers up front on either side of the Pals webbing field. The front Pals webbing is 6 columns by 9 rows and there is Pals webbing on the top of the inside back for some internal options.
    Name:  Hooligan_7large.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  24.0 KB
    Above both side pockets are Velcro-closed hose and wire access aimed towards each shoulder strap. Inside of that opening are water bladder hanger tab loops on both sides as well as one at the top of the inside back panel. Our chamber loops and chamber pocket are in their usual place.
    Name:  Hooligan_6large.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  22.0 KB
    One pouch you guys may remember is the Claymore. We have made a new version of it and have added some tabs so it can be used as a lid on any of our packs. The Claymore pocket will be available separately and will come with a Guide Lid kit and 2 Long Malice clips so you can attach it to any Pals field or on top of most of our packs. There are two sets of three-row pals fields on the back with a 1 inch gap in between much like our Molle organizer.
    Name:  Hooligan_5large.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  18.1 KB
    There are 2 detachable K clip straps on the bottom for strapping items to the bottom. There is also a single K clip strap up top going over the snow collar to compress the main load down or secure items under the lid. All tensioning buckles are Autolocks and the non adjustable female SR buckles are split tail so you can move them to any piece of 1" webbing. The 4 side compression straps and 2 lid straps are sewn in and have loops at the end of the straps to keep the Velcro strap keepers captive. There are angled tabs behind the hose ports for attaching Grab-its or Sherman pockets. A E&E will fit very well on the front pals field, as will all of our old Dock n' lock pockets and pods.
    Name:  Hooligan_9large.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  26.9 KB
    The Hooligan weighs in at 4.5 lbs with 1/16 plastic frame sheet, Composite stays, shoulder straps and Claymore. The pack is 2750 cubic inches / 45.06L with the Claymore coming in at 360 cubic inches / 5.89L. Prices start at $325 for Solid colors and goes up from there based on options. Aron did a video yesterday on some of the features on our Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKKSQ9NeAfI

Let me know if you have any questions on the pack or any of our gear in general. We should have the Claymore's up for sale by themselves very soon. I am working on a write up that shows the features of that pocket specifically, so if you have questions on that, answers and pictures will be coming soon.

Thanks and have a good one.
    Last edited by Bender; 04-11-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Default Re: Hooligan now in store

If possible I would love to see a size comparison between the non framed packs like you did with the shape charge and antero.
    At least the ones with similar capacity. (Shape charge, 14r, hooligan and Tarryall). I know the specs are listed but a direct comparison would greatly help me make a decision on my next pack. Also would love to see pictures of the hooligan in different colors. Especially Ranger green since they have coyote webbing/accents.

Thanks

Morning Wchristos,

Here is a pic with 5 other similar sized packs. From top left , 14er with sherman, Hooligan with Claymore lid, Muskeg 2800 (under filled). Bottom row, Shape Charge, 22Mag and Eastern Ruck. We are still waiting on the Ranger Green bags to get back from the sewers. I will post a pic once I get my hands on one.

Name:  hooligan comparision.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  83.0 KB

*I've tried everything I know how to do to rotate this photo correctly and the uploader isn't having it. Lets just go with bottom left to top left etc for sake of sanity.
    Last edited by Bender; 04-15-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Thank you for the quick response.
    Last edited by wchristos; 04-15-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Well, you are getting closer to what I would want to replace my MOLEX. I think I would use my XTL lid and use the Clamore on the back. Wish there where slots behind the side pockets to slide tools/skies etc. Probably a bit too labor intensive to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    *I've tried everything I know how to do to rotate this photo correctly and the uploader isn't having it. Lets just go with bottom left to top left etc for sake of sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Well, you are getting closer to what I would want to replace my MOLEX. I think I would use my XTL lid and use the Clamore on the back. Wish there where slots behind the side pockets to slide tools/skies etc. Probably a bit too labor intensive to do.
    I love my MollEx. Last time I ran into Bender, I was carrying it with an XTL coming out from near Deer Lakes after my dog got in a fight with a moose. I recently picked up a 22 Mag, it definitely will get heavy rotation, I carried it filled with river rocks, perfect size for that. (I've verified that the Zulu can hold more than I can shoulder by myself) That Hooligan reminds me of a Zulu with some serious upgrades....
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    I love my MollEx. Last time I ran into Bender, I was carrying it with an XTL coming out from near Deer Lakes after my dog got in a fight with a moose. I recently picked up a 22 Mag, it definitely will get heavy rotation, I carried it filled with river rocks, perfect size for that. (I've verified that the Zulu can hold more than I can shoulder by myself) That Hooligan reminds me of a Zulu with some serious upgrades....
    jhayes6405 and I thought it reminds us of the Zulu too. I have owned my Zulu since 2004 so it's to justify picking up the Hooligan. I do wish the side pockets on the Hooligan had slots behind them. I do plan on buying a couple of the claymore pouches to mount on the Zulu.

Quote Originally Posted by medic16 View Post
    jhayes6405 and I thought it reminds us of the Zulu too. I have owned my Zulu since 2004 so it's to justify picking up the Hooligan. I do wish the side pockets on the Hooligan had slots behind them. I do plan on buying a couple of the claymore pouches to mount on the Zulu.
    I just ordered some modular Loco side pockets from Rugged Stitching which I can use on my MollEx, Zulu, etc..., have the XTL on my Zulu... I can seriously see a use for the claymore pocket too, I'm picturing it on top of my Marauder or Navigator...

Definitely some cool designs rolling out...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Do I remember correctly that there is no hip belt on the Hooligan? Is there an option for a way to put one on or simply a ruck.
    I am also glad to know you finally named a pack after me, or is it named after a guy that leaves presents in dry boxes that are pleasantly held for pick up?