Thread: Who in Maryland has a woobie?

Default Who in Maryland has a woobie?

I am doing some research on modern day poncho liners, like the woobie and doobie. Does anyone in or around Annapolis or Maryland have one that I could see and take some pictures of?

Default Re: Who in Maryland has a woobie?

Larry-

Donít live in Maryland anymore, but I do have one and could take pictures of anything you needed. Just PM me and I will get you what you need tomorrow.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PMONT,

I appreciate that, but I really wanted to see how the woobie differs from the USGI poncho liner; thickness, copmressibility, warmth, that sort of thing.

Larry

Larry,

The Woobie is leaps and bounds ahead of the USGI poncho liner. Mine compresses smaller (it has it's own 10"x17" stuff sack that makes a perfect pillow when traveling) than the issue poncho liner and is significantly warmer too. The material is very water resistant, unlike the issue liner. I've tied it into my issue poncho, to make a field expedient sleeping bag, and i slept very nicely in late fall and early spring here in Texas. I'm currently using it as an under quilt for when i go hammock camping, here in Texas, in the winter. Works incredibly well in this fashion.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."

Buckaroomedic,

It does help, thank you. Unfortunately, I am working on an article for a magazine about the new generation of poncho liners and I really need to lay my hands on one to see its features, compare thicknesses and weight, that sort of thing. I was hoping to drive to someone's home to look at it, or meet them somewhere here in Maryland. I didn't want to ask someone to send me theirs. Hopefully, someone in or around Maryland will chime in so I can put my hands on one.

Thank you again for the help and insights.

Larry