Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Colorado Kifaru Winter Rondy

Thread: Colorado Kifaru Winter Rondy

Default Colorado Kifaru Winter Rondy

Our annual Colorado Kifaru Winter Rondy will be held on February 16-17, 2019! As always, this is a ski-in, or snowshoe-in, affair in the central Colorado Rockies. There's currently over 30" of snowpack, and by then I'm sure we will have around three feet of base. The approach trail conditions are excellent with a packed base and daily fresh powder. We'll have yet another festive winter camping weekend at 9,200 feet above the beach. This is a BYOF (bring your own food) meal plan, with lots of wild game and homespun meals that everyone shares. Plan on bringing your own heated shelter for sleeping, but also know that we always have room in the communal 16-man tipi for sleeping space as well. Some of us will undoubtedly show up early (Friday), and yours truly will stay until Tuesday, February 19th. Please RSVP to me via PM, or post any questions here and I'll answer right back. We hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Sawtooth; 01-28-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

Default Re: Colorado Kifaru Winter Rondy

Gonna be a good time! Come one, come all!

Hi all! Just more shout out to any prospective attendees...please RSVP via PM if you plan to attend and need directions to the rondy site. Thanks!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala

www.tenkaratracks.com

Iím heading up tomorrow to cut some trees down and stomp some pads for tents as itís expected to snow Friday and taking two under 9 girls up and making them wait while snow settles seems like a bad plan for keeping it fun
    Planning on heading up Friday am for the weekend

Thanks for doing that, Jon. I wish I could join you, as I love holding on to my Stihl 036 Pro while it rips through standing dead lodgepole pine! You sir, you will enjoy a complimentary cold Old Chub once I get there on Sunday. Can't wait to see you and your clan. I think Shawn Larson is coming up with me...a man of many talents and who has globetrotted with me in search of giant fish on many occasions. He will fit in to our bunch quite nicely.

--Dersu Uzala

www.tenkaratracks.com

My 260 pro is gonna be rippin tomorrow! See y'all soon! Got a new fiskars splitting axe coming my way as well. Can't wait to give it a workout! And I ain't a pro, and standing dead ponderosa ain't much of a workout, but it's good to be up having fun.
    Last edited by Jon S; 02-14-2019 at 07:04 AM.