Thread: Any way to look up the specs on discontinued designs?

Default Any way to look up the specs on discontinued designs?

I've been messing around with my pack config, per usual, and I've been trying to figure out the total volume of my pack with different pockets attached. Unfortunately, all my external pockets have been discontinued, and since they're not on the site anymore, I can't look up their capacity. Is there some online archive for Kifaru gear with technical specs? Or can anyone tell me the capacity of Kifaru's large size side pockets and roll-top pods?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Any way to look up the specs on discontinued designs?

I'd start here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20121006...l_pockets.html

The pod volume is a little tougher, I'm not seeing Pod specs in any of it. I found a forum post where Ohio Kyle dropped in dimensions, but given the rounding of corners, take them with a heaping tsp of salt.

Small: 12 h X 7 w X 9 d
    Med: 15 h X 9 w X 10 d
    Large: 18 h X 12 w X 12 d
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

I never even thought of using the Wayback machine - thank you so much, you're the best!

It took quite a bit of digging around on the wayback machine to find the specs, especially since for the more recent pages you get redirected to an "enable cookies" error page if you don't cancel loading at exactly the right second (I do have cookies enabled, for the record), so I thought I would post what I found in case someone else wants to know:

Side Pockets:
    500d Side Pocket

Pack compatibility: All Kifaru packs
    500d Cordura w/ waterproof interior coating
    Volume: 160ci Small/550ci Medium/750ci Large
    Dimensions Small: 6"w x 9.5"h x 5"d at the zippered opening tapered to 3.5" at the base
    Dimensions Medium: 7.5"w x 15.5"h x 5"d at the zippered opening tapered to 3" at the base
    Dimensions Large: 9.5"w x 16.5"h x 6"d at the zippered opening tapered to 4" at the base
    Weight Small: 3oz
    Weight Medium: 5oz
    Weight Large: 7.5oz
    Mount: Dock & Lock or Malice Clip (Included)

1000d Side Pocket
    Pack compatibility: All Kifaru packs
    1000d Cordura w/ waterproof interior coating
    Volume: 160ci Small/550ci Medium/750ci Large
    Dimensions Small: 6"w x 9.5"h x 5"d at the zippered opening tapered to 3.5" at the base
    Dimensions Medium: 7.5"w x 15.5"h x 5"d at the zippered opening tapered to 3" at the base
    Dimensions Large: 9.5"w x 16.5"h x 6"d at the zippered opening tapered to 4" at the base
    Weight Small: 3.5oz
    Weight Medium: 7oz
    Weight Large: 8.5oz
    Mount: Dock & Lock or Malice Clip (Included)

Roll-top pods
    :
    Two sizes:
    Small: 16"L x 10"w x 14"h (400d Pack Cloth)
    Weight: 5.5oz
    Fits - Woobie, Doobie
    Medium: 20"L x 16"w x 16"h (400d Pack Cloth)
    Weight: 7oz
    Fits - Arctic Woobie, 20o Sleeping Bags (All Sizes), 0o Sleeping Bag (reg. size only)

I don't know why there are no specs for the large roll-top pod (added later?), but none of the roll-top pod pages archived by the wayback machine listed a large size.