Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bag - Shape Charge

Default New Bag - Shape Charge

Morning Folks,

Hope everyone had a good year and this one is starting alright. Wanted to post up a new bag we released this week, the Shape Charge. This bag was designed to fill a need in our lineup based off of customer feed back from a few of our designs. With increased capacity and organization it fills the space between the Antero and Xray with the ability to access to the main compartment from both top and sides. The increased height fits adult torsos better, especially with a belt. Molle on the front and lining the inner back give options for pockets or accessories with a good amount of built in organization to begin with. The straps are removable via K-clips and can work in many different ways around the pack. This pack works pretty well with the new Sherman pocket for weapon carry and general EDC use. The full break down can be found at the link below so I won't double up here. If you guys have any questions please feel free to email or pm me here.
    Name:  shapecharge 4.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  22.8 KB
    Name:  shapecharge 1.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  22.1 KB
    Name:  shapecharge 5.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  shapecharge 7.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  47.4 KB

https://store.kifaru.net/shape-charg...ters-p279.aspx

Happy New years everyone!
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Default Re: New Bag - Shape Charge

Thanks Eric, I like it!

That bag looks nice. Maybe a tad large for EDC but has xray compression straps so who knows.

Eric you had mentioned updating the Antero on the forums last year. Is that still in the works or is this bag the update?

Crossada,

This bag is a combination of 3 different patterns that didn't go together well by themselves so I made a Frankenstein out of the parts. It has some features that people have phoned in saying they wish the Antero had like more organization, better laptop access, a little bigger with more usable (and removable) compression. I still have a few bags to finish up that would round out our urban line, one of them closer to the Antero in size.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Rad design Eric.

I'm in a group on Facebook, "The Perfect Pack". They've been going ape**** over there about the Antero with the Sherman. While definitely more focused on EDC than hunting over there, I'd be willing to wager you could sell a lot of packs to folks there. I'm going to sling a few pics of the Shape Change there tonight to see what they think...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Cool design. This looks like it addressed one of my main complaints with the Antero, which is making it more of a top opening pack than a clamshell. Almost wish the interior PALS could be swapped out for an interior bladder pocket/pouch. Still, cool design.

Can the side pockets be cinched in to more securely carry a 32 oz nalgene?

Is the belt a load bearing belt?

It's the EDC Omni Belt, (you can tell by the single "delta" strap that pulls the pack into the small of the back) it's most definitely a load bearing belt. It can be removed as well...

This should comfortably haul bigger weight than the Antero in my opinion. (The Antero can also run an EDC Omni Belt, and the Omni Frame Sheet) The 18" framesheet/stays and about 500 cubic inch capacity is an improvement over the Antero...

Hey Eric,
    I love this pack. My opinion is that offerings in black would expand your customer base.... Just sayin', I can guess the grief of adding material (buckle?) colors back.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Hello all,

Akilae - The side pockets will hold and retain a 32 oz nalgene. The 4 way stretch tweave has 1" elastic in the top that is running at an angle. It will go over the shoulder of a nalgene and most other water bottles to keep it in side the pocket. The tweave is doubled up so blowouts are unlikely. Also, the tweave keeps the elastic from stretching too far and busting it's inner rubber strands in the cold so it has some fail safes built in. The upper pals is from this being intended originally for a Military pack. The pals allow the option of attaching radios and important equipment up top for easier access. Our Organizer Chamber slider will work with this bag if you want to add a laptop.

ANWK - The belt is our EDC Omni belt and will hold the weight this pack can handle very well. It has a full sized frame sheet with stays so it will conform to the back and provide some rigidity. There is space behind the back panel for storing the tails of the belt if you want to much like the Antero.

Rob - Black is one of our most requested colors but you nailed it on the head, it takes at least 100k in material commitments to bring a new color in to the point where it wouldn't bury profit in the color for the next 3 years. We still have some of the black hardware and material around but we would have to re up quite a bit. Minimum order quantities can be a pretty restricting with small batch in house production. Maybe in the future we can work some more stuff in for you guys.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Hello all,

Akilae - The side pockets will hold and retain a 32 oz nalgene. The 4 way stretch tweave has 1" elastic in the top that is running at an angle. It will go over the shoulder of a nalgene and most other water bottles to keep it in side the pocket. The tweave is doubled up so blowouts are unlikely. Also, the tweave keeps the elastic from stretching too far and busting it's inner rubber strands in the cold so it has some fail safes built in. The upper pals is from this being intended originally for a Military pack. The pals allow the option of attaching radios and important equipment up top for easier access. Our Organizer Chamber slider will work with this bag if you want to add a laptop.
    Thanks Eric! I was actually thinking of hydration bladders when out and about. The pack does seem very well thought out!