Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Grab it in BLACK / Guide Lid in BLACK

Default WTB Grab it in BLACK / Guide Lid in BLACK

looking for a black Grab it and/or a black Guide Lid.

Pm or E-Mail me at raydan500@yahoo.de

Thanks

Default Re: WTB Grab it in BLACK / Guide Lid in BLACK

By the way im willing to pay a good Price, especially if you have both items.

Thanks

still need it.

New Year new Gear.
    Sell me your black Grab it and/or Guide Lid and buy something new!
    :P

If you know someone who got one of those items and is not in the Forum, ask him if he want to change it for good cash.

Thank

Did they even make those items in black?

They used to make most everything in black, but sales of black in general didn't support continuing to maintain offering black or OD.

There was a time when Kifaru was either black or OD, with other colors being a rarity. I've got a black Siwash and a black Antero.... (that spans some time, the Antero's less than 2 years old, the Siwash was probably made before 2008)
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by nodakian View Post
    Did they even make those items in black?
    Yes they did as I have both. Sorry not for sale but they absolutely exist

The webarchive shows the Grab-It and XTL in the 2009 versions of the catalog.

I think RIT dying might be a worthwhile project. If you go there, do more research for yourself (beyond BS suggestions from some jacka55 on kifaruforums) to understand the impact of the coatings used on absorbency. My experience has been that mixing RIT dye with vinegar and heating it to near boiling dyes even coated fabrics pretty well, in my cases, the cordura fabric soaked up more dye than the webbing and trim. (this was dying older Scout Shoulder Straps with the CB webbing and grosgrain trim that faded to a pinkish color.)
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

I have both items so can confirm their existence. Sorry donít plan on letting them go.