Thread: Kifaru SMALL (Military Label) Duffel Bag Question

Default Kifaru SMALL (Military Label) Duffel Bag Question

Hey guys..does anybody out there know if you can STOW (carry on item) a size SMALL old school duffel bag? I will be flying Frontier airlines to the Rendezvous and the dimensions they provide are pretty darn close...It NEEDS to be able to be stowed under the seat. Has anybody done this? They allow (1) carry on "personal item" just wasn't sure if this is doable or if I should just take the E & E..? I want to pack my MSR Reactor stove and water filter etc..I DON'T want them getting damaged in our "checked" bags! Any suggestions or recommendations...I'm all ears!

Default Re: Kifaru SMALL (Military Label) Duffel Bag Question

I just remembered I also have a "back pouch" and "Tailgunner g2"...not sure if those are better options?

also need a Size SMALL First Lite Sawtooth hoody if any body has one they want to sell..

You could sell me the Mil Label duffel. I have a lot of replacements that will work for you!

Honestly, something that big eats up the leg room on those little planes, especially when the legroom across the board is only getting smaller. Even with an E&E, you end up setting your feet on top of the pack or pinned to the sides of it.

Personally, if it can't fit in the overhead, I would rather door check it on the ramp or check it in with my big bag. Anything other then giving up legroom. For reference, I'm on some kind airframe 2-4 times a month (all sizes, MIL/CIV)...

Quote Originally Posted by mannsbuick View Post
    Hey guys..does anybody out there know if you can STOW (carry on item) a size SMALL old school duffel bag? I will be flying Frontier airlines to the Rendezvous and the dimensions they provide are pretty darn close...It NEEDS to be able to be stowed under the seat. Has anybody done this? They allow (1) carry on "personal item" just wasn't sure if this is doable or if I should just take the E & E..? I want to pack my MSR Reactor stove and water filter etc..I DON'T want them getting damaged in our "checked" bags! Any suggestions or recommendations...I'm all ears!
    Just don't bring fuel cannisters. https://traveltips.usatoday.com/tsa-...es-106089.html

"All flammable items are banned from the checked luggage as well as the carry-on bags, including gasoline, compressed gas cylinders, aerosol insecticides and many types of animal repellants....."

A tailgunner fits easily, my Scout and Antero both do too. I'd bet that your duffel will fit under the seat. For me, it'd be more about what's more useful carrying it into the woods, any would ride on a Late Season... I use Scout/TG1 as a lid about as often as I use a lid. The E&E is more likely to go with the Marauder or Pointman, because PALS, but, I haven't fiddled with my Late Season enough to know it yet... I've got time to fiddle with it, may take it out Saturday chasing my Cub Scout Pack...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

lol..my small Kifaru duffel is brand new!! I also have (3) Scouts and (2) tailgunners and (2) Late Season g2 packs..one of which has never been used..well that's until next week! I plan on docking the back pouch to my Late season pack, BUT I am not sure if I should "dock & lock" the top zip side (aka spotting scope) pockets OR just use the existing compression straps on the pack OR use malice clips? Rob, I can't decide which way to dock them for the hike in..I know if I use the existing compression straps I will save some weight, BUT don't want the pockets flopping around..I think they are a size Medium w/dock & lock straps and the malice clips that came with them...decisions, decisions LOL