Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous 2018! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous 2018!

Default Re: Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous 2018!

Randall sent a few more, including SAB's tricked out Magpul takedown 1022. Josie shot a pistol for the first time. (suppressed, spoiled kid)

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

Iíll have to make better plans and attend a Rondy soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mannsbuick and his son flew in from Florida, Scott flew in from Texas. Josie and I didn't get up until Saturday, (work's been a zoo) but we had the luxury of coming up from Denver.

This new spot is neat. It's a 2,200' climb from the trailhead, but man, the views are epic. There's a rumor of a winter rondy spot up on Monarch Pass, another one we'll be checking out...

Give me a shout if you get the itch. It was intimidating at first before meeting people face to face, but now after a few years of it, I have a ball with these guys, and am comfortable enough to bring my daughter... (I'm armed.... Ha!) Really good folks roll into these.
    Last edited by robcollins; 10-12-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    It's a 2,200' climb from the trailhead, but man, the views are epic. There's a rumor of a winter rondy spot up on Monarch Pass, another one we'll be checking out...
    Itís only a 700í climb from the upper trailhead

Quote Originally Posted by sab View Post
    Itís only a 700í climb from the upper trailhead

Estoy estupido. Checked the map.. You're right!

What's the thinking/purpose of that "grate" on top of the stove? I always just go on the stove but I don't know what I don't know. Always wanted to do one of the Colorado Backcountry rondys .

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    What's the thinking/purpose of that "grate" on top of the stove? I always just go on the stove but I don't know what I don't know. Always wanted to do one of the Colorado Backcountry rondys .
    It's for indirect cooking. Cuts down on scorching. We did 2 trout in foil on it with butter and Tony Chachere's seasoning, came out great.

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    It's for indirect cooking. Cuts down on scorching. We did 2 trout in foil on it with butter and Tony Chachere's seasoning, came out great.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

The trout and that ribeye steak was delicious!!! My son Tristan had a BLAST!!!!! He already wants to know where and when the winter Rondy is gonna be lol.. Thanks Rob for making us feel welcome and for being our personal chef!

Hello everyone, Iím thoroughly enjoying your posts here!
    I had to leave early in order to head for British Columbia for a moose and mule deer hunt. I drove up in my little camper, staying in it. Over three thousand miles all up. The hunting camp can be driven to, although itís very remote. My old friend Bart Lancaster is the outfitter, under the name Guides Eye Outfitting. Iíve hunted with Bart several times, always getting my tag filled. This time was no exception, as I fetched both a moose and a mule deer. Drove home with the frozen meat aboard. Iíve had many conversations with colleagues here in the States (lower 48 in any event) about the difficulty in drawing moose permits. Bartís operation is immediate and affordable. He is a legend in Canada for getting his clients onto the game they came for. His hunting area is vast and contains plenty of game. I recommend you check out Guides Eye Outfitters without reservation.

And so thatís the reason for my early departure. I sure missed some really fine parts of the Event I see. But all these terrific pics and write-ups do give me some satisfaction. Thanks to Sawtooth for finding the site and organizing the Rendezvous. Poor man fell ill and couldnít make it himself. But thereís always next time.....

All the best old friends,

Patrick