Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous 2018! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous 2018!

Default Re: Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous 2018!

Randall sent a few more, including SAB's tricked out Magpul takedown 1022. Josie shot a pistol for the first time. (suppressed, spoiled kid)

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

Iíll have to make better plans and attend a Rondy soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mannsbuick and his son flew in from Florida, Scott flew in from Texas. Josie and I didn't get up until Saturday, (work's been a zoo) but we had the luxury of coming up from Denver.

This new spot is neat. It's a 2,200' climb from the trailhead, but man, the views are epic. There's a rumor of a winter rondy spot up on Monarch Pass, another one we'll be checking out...

Give me a shout if you get the itch. It was intimidating at first before meeting people face to face, but now after a few years of it, I have a ball with these guys, and am comfortable enough to bring my daughter... (I'm armed.... Ha!) Really good folks roll into these.
    Last edited by robcollins; 10-12-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    It's a 2,200' climb from the trailhead, but man, the views are epic. There's a rumor of a winter rondy spot up on Monarch Pass, another one we'll be checking out...
    Itís only a 700í climb from the upper trailhead

Quote Originally Posted by sab View Post
    Itís only a 700í climb from the upper trailhead

Estoy estupido. Checked the map.. You're right!

What's the thinking/purpose of that "grate" on top of the stove? I always just go on the stove but I don't know what I don't know. Always wanted to do one of the Colorado Backcountry rondys .

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    What's the thinking/purpose of that "grate" on top of the stove? I always just go on the stove but I don't know what I don't know. Always wanted to do one of the Colorado Backcountry rondys .
    It's for indirect cooking. Cuts down on scorching. We did 2 trout in foil on it with butter and Tony Chachere's seasoning, came out great.

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    It's for indirect cooking. Cuts down on scorching. We did 2 trout in foil on it with butter and Tony Chachere's seasoning, came out great.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.