Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat Lumbar Pack

Default Hellcat Lumbar Pack

Afternoon folks,

Hope every one had a good 4th and can still count to ten. We have been getting a lot of requests to bring back a lumbar pack into our line up. Here's a look at our new Hellcat lumbar pack.
    Name:  HC_2large.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  25.7 KB
    The Hellcat is a small and light, much like it's namesake. The M18 Hellcat Tank was one of the most successful tank killers in WWII because it was lightly armored and could out maneuver its larger, slower enemies.
    Name:  hellcat.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  35.8 KB
    The same mindset was used when we decided to add another lumbar pack to our line. On either side there are built in pockets with an elastic strap on the back panel to hold smaller items.
    Name:  HC_8large.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  20.5 KB
    A belt Pouch matrix in the middle will work with all our belt pouches and 500d Organizers. The lid has a zippered pocket on top and a mesh pocket on bottom. The inside has two more zippered mesh pockets and two sleeve pockets on either side.
    Name:  HC_10large.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  30.4 KB
    Our removable chamber pocket hooks in at the two common loops located at the base of the lid. Each Hellcat comes with a padded Omni belt with the delta strap stabilization system. It also comes with an adjustable Harness that can be removed for belt only wear. The bottom has two tracks of 1" webbing that will work with our K clip compression straps. Two tabs above the outer side pockets can be used with a bandoleer sling to make a stand-alone shoulder bag.
    Name:  HC_9large.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  23.1 KB
    It has a similar lumbar pad as our 14er and Tarryall. The foam pad is removable and replaceable for those that want to customize their fit.
    Name:  HC_7large.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  15.6 KB

This pack is live on the website now (https://store.kifaru.net/hellcat-lum...eid=0796ab7646)
    Let me know if you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me an email or pm.
    Have a good weekend!
    Last edited by Bender; 07-06-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Default Re: Hellcat Lumbar Pack

Looks awesome. Is the main bag similar in size to the scout?

Hell-yes.....very interested in this since I sold my Scout. Bender, how does the new harness compare with the Scout straps comfort and fit wise?

Does this have short stays like the scout did to maintain shape and rigidity when carrying heavier loads?

Ezmrnbl - The main bag is 1100ci with the side pockets at 210ci each, that's 1520ci / 25L total space. The Scout was 1300ci if I remember correctly.

Steveb- The new harness is a lot more stable compared to the Scout. It's all one piece as opposed to two connected with a three bar in the back. There are strategic stitch lines (say that 5x fast) in the harness so it wraps around the trap. muscles a little easier. Best yet, there is no twist in the harness when putting it on. The two straps transfer the load more evenly to the shoulders while walking so heavier loads are more predictable.

Jay- This pack does not have any stays. We found it very comfortable with a lumbar pack sized load once we got everything in the sweet spot with the harness adjustments.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Is the harness available to purchase separately?

It looks interesting; and the harness is a good step. (When I had a Scout I always ran it with a HPG harness).

I would like to see something in the side pockets to get a better sense of their dimensions. Any chance of a Heavy Cover or GI Canteen and cup in the side pocket?

I like this new pack. Any chance that just the bag will be available for purchase? I have an extra belt and a shoulder harness already.

A couple adds would make this perfect.
    1. PALS on the side pockets for some water bottle holders
    2. Some kind of lash kit / bungie, to get a set of rattling horns on there.
    3. If those side pockets pulled away leaving an empty slot that a quiver would fit down in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kravguy View Post
    A couple adds would make this perfect.
    1. PALS on the side pockets for some water bottle holders
    2. Some kind of lash kit / bungie, to get a set of rattling horns on there.
    3. If those side pockets pulled away leaving an empty slot that a quiver would fit down in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I wish the side pockets weren’t built in. Space for a water bottle pocket or regular pocket and I’d buy one to replace my Scout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk