Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat Lumbar Pack

Default Re: Hellcat Lumbar Pack

Can't you just put your water bottle holders on the belt?

The Scout always carried so well because of the stays. Sorry this doesn't have them. I own 2 Scouts so won't need to try this one.

Quote Originally Posted by snakey2 View Post
    The Scout always carried so well because of the stays. Sorry this doesn't have them. I own 2 Scouts so won't need to try this one.
    Wonder if thats why the yoke style shoulder staps?

Quote Originally Posted by ezmrnrbl View Post
    Can't you just put your water bottle holders on the belt?
    You could, but I don't always like to use a belt. Especially on something smaller like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kravguy View Post
    You could, but I don't always like to use a belt. Especially on something smaller like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I recommend a Scout and a water bottle holder and a way to mount a quiver on the opposite side of your pulling hand. I MTB'ed to work yesterday with my MilDiv Scout holding my laptop, 2 liters of water in a bladder, and an organizer. I almost took the Antero out of the rotation. I've got a G2 also, I'll never get rid of either of them, the abundance of webbing and places to mount buckles or pockets to, I can use this by itself, as a lid, with a lid. This pack is more useful than some people I know. (it's Monday...) It's a great tree stand pack, and I have no issues shooting my recurve with it. Gunbearers work well on them too....

I biked Saturday up Waterton Canyon with the kids, carried the Tailgunner. (Mildiv, so old version) It held 3x 4 piece spinmatic rods strapped on, a mini long with reels, a 1 qt with misc tackle, and 3 liters of water, and my normal organizer contents in the pockets inside. Worked great, but needing the external pockets prompted getting the Scout out.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

The side pockets will fit a heavy cover canteen no problem. Nalgenes will fit but if you use a Humangear Capcap the tops will stick out a bit. The elastic on the back of the pockets are wide enough to fit two Stanag AR magazines in each slot if that gives you a size reference. We are looking into selling the components separately but for now they will be kitted together. There are tabs on the top lid that will accommodate our Kclip straps as will the two tracks of webbing on bottom for lashing things to the pack.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Thanks for the update, Eric. Fitting a canteen makes a big difference for me.

Eric, thanks for the info. Have Scouts and a TG1 but curious enough to see if this can replace them. Keep the smaller packs coming (any hints of any others coming soon always appreciated).

Quote Originally Posted by Pardner View Post
    Have Scouts and a TG1 but curious enough to see if this can replace them.
    I personally think the hellcat fills a different niche than the tailgunner and scout. I like being able to run the PALS pockes I want on the outside of my packs. I also think the scout can handle the weight better with stays, judging with my tailgunner vs scout w/ weight in them.

Seems like the new enhanced yoke should offset the need for stays. Given the size of the Hellcat, it would be tough to exceed 25 pounds unless carrying bricks in it (IME, even dense loads never exceed in pounds the bag capacity in liters).

For those contemplating using it without a belt....forget about it! Lumbar packs are designed around the belt (hence the designation Lumbar Pack) and using one without the belt totally negates the whole design concept.