Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on the Antero as a light day hiker

Default Re: Thoughts on the Antero as a light day hiker

Just got my Antero today. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but wanted to send a pick of the redesigned (?) shoulder strap attachment point. The bottom of the shoulder straps are now sewn into the pack.

Name:  20180718_183722.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  32.0 KB

First impressions:
    1. This is my first pack in Wolf Gray and I like the color. I have a couple of packs in Ranger Green, but for me, Wolf Gray was the correct choice for this pack and how I plan to use it.
    2. I added a large belt pouch to the pals webbing and it fits perfectly. The belt pouch covers all of the pals webbing but doesn't extend below the bottom of the pack.
    3. It does come with a framesheet similar to the OMNI framesheet but it doesn't have any stays. I think this will be fine for this pack and not having any stays will save a little weight.

I will do another update after I've used it for awhile, but so far I'm happy and can't wait to start using the pack.

Thanks again for all of your feedback on this thread.

Default Re: Thoughts on the Antero as a light day hiker

Yes the shoulder straps are attached at the bottom on all of the newer designed packs I've received.

My antero has removal bottom compression straps, attached via k-clip. It's older though (1000d w/ black zippers). Even though I rarely use the bottom compression straps, they still stay on just in case.

I switch between an organizer and large belt pouch on the front. Both of them cover up the PALS and it has a very clean look.