Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Thoughts on the Antero as a light day hiker - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Antero as a light day hiker

Default Re: Thoughts on the Antero as a light day hiker

Quote Originally Posted by btg108 View Post
    I did the same with my Antero and Urban Zippy. I also found that on my UZ I had to flip the bottom of the shoulder strap attach strap so the stitching was facing out. Since then things have been much better.

Good to hear that Iím not the only one who chose the easier option...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I had forgotten about that part, the melted ends and the stitching can kind of rub too. I probably need to work on my flab callous....
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Hi All,

Thanks again for the feedback. I 'think' I understand what you are talking about with the attachment points. I will post some pictures when I get the pack.

I've made an order for the pack, but would still appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks

Good luck with your new bag. Let us know how it works out. I am trying to decide between an Antero or Urban Zippy. I am just holding off hoping there is an EDC bag upgrade coming soon.. (as per the rumours..!! Hint Hint, Eric). I like the idea of the Antero with a belt and belt pouches and maybe a Grab It for extras for day hikes. There are some pictures on the web of a set up like this in WG and the owner is very happy with it.

Love my Antero and like Rob carry mine everyday. The only thing I was missing with it was interior mesh pockets for organization (similar to my urban zippy). So I had David at Native Textiles add a pair and itís been absolutely perfect for me. Canít ever see getting rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by digemout View Post

Thatís really great looking!

If I get a second Antero Iím going to do that!

That's really cool. Those pockets look like they came from the factory. Has anyone else done similar modifications to their packs? Mayne we should start a thread on that.

Octavius,

I will definitely give an update when I get the Antero and get a chance to use it. I'm currently using a Urban Ruck for work, a 14er for true 'day' hikes. I've also had a couple Zippy's (1 urban, 1 tactical).

Urban Zippy vs Urban Ruck:
    I used the Urban Zippy as a work bag and I liked it but I've now replaced it with a Urban Ruck. I added an organizer pocket to both of the packs. I prefer the exterior pockets and organizer location on the Ruck for a work bag. On the Ruck, the organizer attaches on the bottom of the bag. On the Zippy, it attaches in the middle of the pack. For me, the chamber slider in the Ruck is useless as it doesn't fit a 15 inch laptop, so I just carry my laptop in a padded case in the main compartment. The Ruck just feels a little narrower and taller than the Zippy (I'm not sure this is true), and carries better for me to/from/at work.

Again, nothing against the Urban Zippy, but when the Urban Ruck came out I got one and it just works better for me as a work bag.

Tactical Zippy:
    I can't give any real thoughts on this as I never used it other than to carry some emergency gear in the vehicle. I sold it and replaced it with a duffel bag from the company that I believe used to make the Duffel's for Kifaru.

14er:
    I've only used it twice, but I'm really happy so far. I'm a taller guy (6' 2'') and I like how it fits with the hip belt. For a half-day hike it's overkill, but for a half-day fishing trip to the other side of the lake or a true 'day' hike I think it's going to be great.

All of that said, I can't wait for the Antero. I think it's going to be awesome.

Thanks

digemout,

Wow, those modifications look awesome, thanks for sharing!!

I'm guessing here, but is Native Textiles in Denver (I live in Northern Colorado)? Just curious what something like this would cost?

I agree with @btg108, your pictures deserve a new thread!

Thanks

Johaw,

Yes, David at Native Textiles did the work. Looks just like factory work. Been a while since I had it done but I think it was $40 for the work performed. Takes a great bag and makes it even better.

Bill