Thread: Kryptek Typhon

Default Kryptek Typhon

Hi. Does anyone know if the Typhon option has been permanently discontinued by Kifaru or is it a supply chain issue? Thanks.

Default Re: Kryptek Typhon

Morning Octavius,

Typhon isn't coming back any time soon. There are still a few items in the warehouse however.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Hi Eric.

I guess I'm too late to the Typhon party! Thanks for the reply. Yes, I see a 14'r and a Tarryall still available in Typhon.
    Let me know if you find an Urban Zippy or an Antero in Typhon hidden under a pile of boxes out the back...
    Out or curiosity, will the other Kryptek patterns be staying? I expect Highlander will as it's a hunting pattern but what about Mandrake?
    Thanks

Mandrake was discontinued too. The only colors left are wolf gray, ranger green, coyote brown, highlander, and multicam. I was disappointed to see black go personally.

I guess its a big ask to try and stock too many colours but isn't the Kifaru stuff made to oder to some extent so you wouldn't be sitting on piles of stock...just rolls of material maybe. I don't know. Maybe the pattern has been discontinued by their suppliers. I might buy something in Mandrake before it's gone but then you can't get pockets or organisers etc to match.

Sorry for the delayed reply guys. We decided a few years back to streamline our production process by eliminating some colors. At one time we had 10 colorways. I would bet we had 25 individual products that came in all 10 colors, 250 skus to track and inventory. And that was just for the cordura stuff, some of which came in both 500d and 1000d versions. Our sleeping bags came in 4 different sizes, 4 different temp ratings, 3 colors and you could choose right or left zip (if someone wants to do that math, I would appreciate it). It got to be too much for us to realistically handle and we needed to change our ways. Some colors would just sit around while the others flew out the door. I know some of the guys up in the PNW and in tropical areas really liked Mandrake but it was one of the colors that didn't move. Typhon worked great for EDC packs and hid dirt a little better than black but it didn't sell that great either (we haven't made that color for almost two years and we still have bags available). Highlander is going to stay around for a while, it's color combos work very well for backpack hunters in the Rocky Mountains. The military going with OCP has made Multicam a constant staple for us as well. We are messing around with some different colors right now, mostly for some new EDC bags. Once things get more finalized with those bags, I will post here and get your guys feedback. For the made to order part, we make the bags in batches and then assemble them to the customers specifications. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Hi Eric.

Thanks for posting. It's always good to get the actual facts of the matter instead of bag geeks just speculating..!
    Looking forward to seeing what's in the pipeline. Can you give a rough timeline on these new products, e.g. this year, season?
    Thanks.