Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone Ebike?

Thread: Anyone Ebike?

Hybrid View

Default Anyone Ebike?

Just took the dive on a biktrix Juggernaut 1000w Ultra Ebike. I elected to get it in the Kuiu Verde camo so I can keep it hidden when I am chasing Elk on foot. Here is the full suspension version of the same Bike I am getting with the Verde Camo. this is a 1000w 165nh torque mid drive motor with a 48v 20ah battery with a range of up to 80 miles on 1 charge. I also elected for 4 piston Hydro brakes and Wren front suspension forks and Thudbuster seat post. I figured if I am going to spend this kind of money I am going to do it right. Here is what the bike will look like

Its being built as we speak I should have it after I get back from Washington in late July.

Im beyond excited about this bike.

Default Re: Anyone Ebike?

Hey James,

That's a sweet looking bike - they have come a long way since I built my e-bike in 2012 (when I was living in Steamboat Springs). I still use it as my main transportation to work and errands (my wife and I share a car... aka, I don't have a car). Probably has over 10,000 miles put on the motor and its still going strong. It used a Montague Paratrooper folding bike frame and used the Taiwan based "Cyclone Motor" 500w mid-drive kit to turn it into a e-bike. Bought the battery and management system from Ping batteries direct from China, and built it over about a week. I don't bring it on trails too much, but has worked pretty good when I did - mostly gets me to and from work nowadays.

I want to upgrade to a more powerful motor, though. These guys have some cool looking stuff: https://lunacycle.com/

Where in Washington are you going to be in July? Hit me up if you're in Tacoma area to hang and have some beers. You could check out the bike, too.
    MojoSlim

Default Re: Anyone Ebike?

Quote Originally Posted by MojoSlim View Post
    Hey James,

That's a sweet looking bike - they have come a long way since I built my e-bike in 2012 (when I was living in Steamboat Springs). I still use it as my main transportation to work and errands (my wife and I share a car... aka, I don't have a car). Probably has over 10,000 miles put on the motor and its still going strong. It used a Montague Paratrooper folding bike frame and used the Taiwan based "Cyclone Motor" 500w mid-drive kit to turn it into a e-bike. Bought the battery and management system from Ping batteries direct from China, and built it over about a week. I don't bring it on trails too much, but has worked pretty good when I did - mostly gets me to and from work nowadays.

I want to upgrade to a more powerful motor, though. These guys have some cool looking stuff: https://lunacycle.com/

Where in Washington are you going to be in July? Hit me up if you're in Tacoma area to hang and have some beers. You could check out the bike, too.
    Hey bro Nice. We rented an Airbnb in Fife right off the freeway for 10 days while we are there. Would love to see you and hang out. I will PM you my number so we can hook up when I get out there. Here is a picture of my Bike I went with the hardtail version as eventually I want to get a trailer to pull behind. Thinking about one of those BOB Trailers http://www.bobgear.com/bike-trailers/ibex

He put on a 26x4 inch fat tire on the back just to take the photo since he still has to lace up my back wheel. I elected for the 29x3 inch wheels and tires.

Lunacycle is a great company they make really good stuff and have super Customer Service. The owner is kind of a legend in the Ebike community with everything he has done for the movement. You would do great with anything from them. Man you have some miles on your ride. I got into this because I own a big Ram 1500 gas hog and wanted to get out riding more and bike to prepare for hunting season. its much easier on my feet since mine are bad then pack training. Plus during hunting season I can get back further without spooking Elk on this thing.