Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kifaru Bootbag Photos

Thread: Kifaru Bootbag Photos

Default Kifaru Bootbag Photos

Jayson here and can anyone post some photos of the Kifaru bootbag? I searched on Google, but only found a couple of small pics. I am in need of one and my plan is to make my own this month.

And if possible, please also provide the bag dimensions and whether it is single or double layer fabric.

Thanks!

jaYson

Default Re: Kifaru Bootbag Photos

Do you mean the old pods? If so, the Military Morons site has the sizing info & some pics on their site.
    They're towards the bottom of this page

link: http://www.militarymorons.com/equipm...u/kifaru8.html

Nope. Kifaru made an actual boot bag that would hang like a chamber pocket. From the few photos I can find, they seem rather simple; however I would like more details to prevent me having to reinvent the wheel.

jaYson

Quote Originally Posted by jaYson View Post
    Nope. Kifaru made an actual boot bag that would hang like a chamber pocket. From the few photos I can find, they seem rather simple; however I would like more details to prevent me having to reinvent the wheel.

jaYson
    You're both right. I have one. It has 3 bar sliders to hang from common loops. Other than that, it's a pod. It allows it to suspend in the pack.

As far as dimensions, I'd base it on the pack you're putting it in. It's basically a cordura bucket with a cinch cord at the top, 3-bar sliders at the top to mount to common loops. the only dimensions you need are of the oval horizontal cross section of the pack you're wanting to fill with it, then the height times the circumference of the oval.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

It's basically a cordura bucket with a cinch cord at the top, 3-bar sliders at the top to mount to common loops. the only dimensions you need are of the oval horizontal cross section of the pack you're wanting to fill with it, then the height times the circumference of the oval.

So it is made from Cordura? I was under the impression it was made out of pack cloth. Please verify.

Any chances you could send a few pics - as in beaucoup?

Thanks!

jaYson

Quote Originally Posted by jaYson View Post
    It's basically a cordura bucket with a cinch cord at the top, 3-bar sliders at the top to mount to common loops. the only dimensions you need are of the oval horizontal cross section of the pack you're wanting to fill with it, then the height times the circumference of the oval.

So it is made from Cordura? I was under the impression it was made out of pack cloth. Please verify.

Any chances you could send a few pics - as in beaucoup?

Thanks!

jaYson
    I'm not sure how "pack cloth" is different. It's the same 1000D cordura that most of my Kifaru packs are made of, and Pods, and pouches, and stove cases...

I got a call from Randall (on this group) with a free ticket to go see Styx tonight, so, I will be rockin' out tonight, and won't have Too Much Time On My Hands, until after. Since Photobucket changed into the horrible hosting site, I'll send you links to some google photos, as I suddenly suck at uploading....
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    You're both right. I have one. It has 3 bar sliders to hang from common loops. Other than that, it's a pod. It allows it to suspend in the pack.

As far as dimensions, I'd base it on the pack you're putting it in. It's basically a cordura bucket with a cinch cord at the top, 3-bar sliders at the top to mount to common loops. the only dimensions you need are of the oval horizontal cross section of the pack you're wanting to fill with it, then the height times the circumference of the oval.
    Rob is right. The old Kifaru catalog I have lists the dimensions as 9"w X 21"L X 13.5"d. Urethane coated 525d pack cloth with paracord draw string. Bound seams.

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    I'm not sure how "pack cloth" is different. It's the same 1000D cordura that most of my Kifaru packs are made of, and Pods, and pouches, and stove cases...

I got a call from Randall (on this group) with a free ticket to go see Styx tonight, so, I will be rockin' out tonight, and won't have Too Much Time On My Hands, until after. Since Photobucket changed into the horrible hosting site, I'll send you links to some google photos, as I suddenly suck at uploading....
    Randall rockin' a Quandry and a field chair, me, my Antero and a beer. (Tesla...) Tried for scenery, my wildlife photog skillz kinda suck.

I'll post some boot bag pics in a bit......

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by robcollins; 06-05-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Back on topic: I was wrong. Not an oval. It's a cube. Fits a pair of 14 inch pack boots with room.

For some reason, I can't upload pics from my phone, upload is failing... Will try again after rebooting my phone...

Last edited by robcollins; 06-06-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Can't wurk fone

Well, this is better than nothing:
    Rectangular cube. Pod are cubes with rounded corners... Hopefully the pics of it inside out help too to give more info.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OuR5T4bRxbZO1zjc2

Last edited by robcollins; 06-06-2018 at 12:07 AM.