Thread: Idiotic pack transactions....

Default Idiotic pack transactions....

What's the worst you've run across?

I'm in the middle of one right now.. I bought a MollEx on Facebook, (Group = "The Perfect Pack", user Eric J Thrush. There are a few from here on that group, overall pretty sharp folks) and The seller's been a real "gem", forgot to mail it, pretty radio silent, then when asked, never did send tracking, claimed he screwed something up with the shipper (comforting? nope.) and finally said it'd be here mid next week, (so, I'm setting expectations for when I need to escalate with PayPal) then it showed up today. In a really small box. Rolled up, with no stays. Suddenly that $220 pack is going to be a ~$270 pack if I have to buy stays, I sent him an invoice via paypal for $45 for new 21" aluminum stays.

What's the goofiest you've run into?
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Default Re: Idiotic pack transactions....

I gotta say Ive been super lucky knock on wood. Haven't had to many issues. few years ago had one guy who went silent on me and I had to do a PayPal request for money back but that went off without a hitch. Always good to pay that fee so your protected if you dont know the person your dealing with. Cant stress that enough. I love how people put in their adds PayPal FF Only as if they won't accept if you pay the fee to protect yourself Ive done hundreds of deals.

I bought a "Mint, never fielded" pack years ago. It arrived looking like a dog had used it as it's bed for the last few years and it stunk like swamp-ass and cigarette smoke.

Wow, "rolled up with no stays"... that's one I've never seen on the forums....pretty idiotic for sure.

Yea, when they arrive stinking like smoke and covered with dog hair I want to strangle the seller. Had it happen a few times. Now I interrogate the seller and I always pay the pay pal fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    What's the worst you've run across?

I'm in the middle of one right now.. I bought a MollEx on Facebook, (Group = "The Perfect Pack", user Eric J Thrush. There are a few from here on that group, overall pretty sharp folks) and The seller's been a real "gem", forgot to mail it, pretty radio silent, then when asked, never did send tracking, claimed he screwed something up with the shipper (comforting? nope.) and finally said it'd be here mid next week, (so, I'm setting expectations for when I need to escalate with PayPal) then it showed up today. In a really small box. Rolled up, with no stays. Suddenly that $220 pack is going to be a ~$270 pack if I have to buy stays, I sent him an invoice via paypal for $45 for new 21" aluminum stays.

What's the goofiest you've run into?
    Wow. Sorry to hear about the bad experience on a Facebook community focusing on packs and pets. If there is a deal for packs on the inter webs, youíll sniff it out. Hopefully youíll get it worked out.

Whatís the goofiest Iíve ran into? You, in your 1990ís striped shirt and 4wd sneakers...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Smith View Post
    Wow. Sorry to hear about the bad experience on a Facebook community focusing on packs and pets. If there is a deal for packs on the inter webs, youíll sniff it out. Hopefully youíll get it worked out.

Whatís the goofiest Iíve ran into? You, in your 1990ís striped shirt and 4wd sneakers...
    Careful, Dan, I'll post video of you trying to get up on a slalom ski... Complete with your son's and my hilarious color commentary....

I found 22 zip ties stuffed in the stay pockets that I was able to get out, there are more that won't come out without cutting, and I was able to fit a 21" stay in after pulling all of Mr. Bushcrafter's bull**** out. (I remember seeing posts about storing zip ties in stay pockets on this forum, so I'm going to partially blame ALL of you guys.....)
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ