Thread: Floating the idea of a Connecticut Rendezvous/Survival Training Weekend

Hybrid View

Default Floating the idea of a Connecticut Rendezvous/Survival Training Weekend

Just spoke with Angie at the shop today and floated the idea of a Kifaru Rendezvous in my neck of the woods. I'm located 1/2 way between NYC and Boston and have access to a large parcel of land with a 300 yard range on it. The land owner is a Kifaru fan and he is open to the idea of hosting an event. I'm willing to present some of my winter survival curriculum in part for those interested. The property is in Columbia, CT.

Anyone interested in something like this when winter comes around?

Kev

Default Re: Floating the idea of a Connecticut Rendezvous/Survival Training Weekend

Kev....do you know that we do a winter Rendezvous in the Adirondacks every February?
    We've been doing it every year for 13 years. Kifaru nuts from Maryland to Maine and Canada come to it.

Dave
    Don't just do something, sit there and think.

Default Re: Floating the idea of a Connecticut Rendezvous/Survival Training Weekend

I am getting to be what John Prine wants to be OLD. I like the Daks, been OUSTANDING so far, I suspect it will continue that way.

Yes, I just found out about it. Just offering this one up if anyone wants another weekend away. I plan on attending the ADK rondy this year. This one can be more instructional over hangout if folks want. Again, just testing the waters to see if anyone is looking for another venue.

Cool....we always do it the weekend before valentines day.
    Don't just do something, sit there and think.

Winter is the best time for me for camping. Plus no bugs!!!

Estala,

Have you thought about maybe doing it when there isn't snow on the ground? Maybe the end of Spring, in April or May? The curriculum would have to change but it would be a nice complement to the Winter Rondy.

Just an idea,

Larry

Larry,

I'm open to running a course whenever there is a demand for it. I just finished up a string of navigation courses along with weekend bushcraft classes. If folks want to do a spring curriculum, we can. If there is a desire to learn wild/edible plants, early summer is a great time to do that. My friend who said he will host it on his property is game to have us whenever. I just need to know when guys want to get together and I'll set up the rest. I already have the advanced prep (emergency numbers, resupply points, med centers) figured out for this site so it is perfect. Plus, the owner is fine with us using his 300 yard range.

Kev

Sounds good Kev. My thought was really to do something that would not compete with the existing and popular cold weather rondy. Doing something closer to the mid-atlantic area might draw more folks. Again, do it where you want, just some ideas.