Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next generation Koala?

Default Next generation Koala?

Does anyone here, or in Kifaru, know if the next generation of the Koala is actively being looked at/worked on, or is it still on the back burner?

Thanks,

Larry

Default Re: Next generation Koala?

TTT...I was wondering if Kifaru is still thinking about coming out with a new Koala at some time in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by larryschwartz View Post
    TTT...I was wondering if Kifaru is still thinking about coming out with a new Koala at some time in the future?
    I doubt it. HPG Kit Bag will be the closest to that I think you'll see...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    Agreed. If hunters aren't using it then there's a very small chance of Kifaru offering it.

Luckily HPG has a ton of kit bag variations that should suit your needs.

I've seen kifaru guys using Alaskan Guide Creations bino harnesses and the like. I can manage mine in a Koala lite. I think there's more to the back and forth b/t HPG and Kifaru over why Kifaru doesn't make them any more, but I don't know it.... There's lots of good choices out there though, I really like my Koala lite though... Especially hitched into a backpack...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post

Agree, the Koala was based on the initial HPG offerings anyway.

Default Next generation Koala?

As I remember it, one or both of the Hill brothers proposed the idea of the chest pack to Patrick, and he took the initial concept and produced the original Koala, paying the Hill brothers a share of each one sold. The Hill brothers didnít like the Kifaru version of their idea, and shortly after that, they left the old Kifaru forum site in a huff and started both their forum and their company, and eventually introduced their kit bag.

"in a huff"?

Thanks for sharing that...I do remember seeing the Hill brothers on here at one time, but never knew the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by shu View Post
    "in a huff"?
    I think it's enough said probably to not pick at a scar if there is one. (though I hope there isn't...) I very vaguely recall somthing posted, but never had a desire to take sides; I respect the Hill brothers, love Patrick & Mel... I think HPG is doing pretty well at what they do, they design some really nice stuff and have a cool arrangement with First Spear in Missouri, not off-shored....

Love my Koala Lite, especially since I found an OD one from a friend here who's been my "pusherman" for discontinued unicorn Kifaru stuff that I have in abundance with the intent of passing it to my kids and crossing my fingers that they'll use it...