Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Colorado Kifaru Rendezvous 2018 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado Kifaru Rendezvous 2018

Default Re: Colorado Kifaru Rendezvous 2018

shtfco,

We'll miss you! Next year...
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

Just an FYI... and thanks to robcollins for catching this... on the UTM location I sent in the private messages to attendees, please add a zero to the end of the northing.
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala

www.tenkaratracks.com

Darn, missed it. No rondys since 2016 now for me, that's too long. Hope you all had fun.

Yeah I will be out next year. Hope you guys had a great time.

Big Thanks to Chefs Rob, Rex, Patrick, and anyone else i may have forgotten.
    Trying all the different food was great and is a highlight of these events. Can't
    wait for the next rondy/hike this summer.

Chuck

How was the sea food?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    How was the sea food?

The lobsters had too much lead in them. Gonna have to slow down the shooters on the range we had

Quote Originally Posted by chokedee View Post
    The lobsters had too much lead in them. Gonna have to slow down the shooters on the range we had
    I thought steel shot was a requirement for alpine crustaceans.... But, biting into steel's probably more likely to break teeth. :-)

I'm pretty impressed with that range, it was good to get the AR as dialed as I can with the 1-6 Vortex Strike Eagle, but, I'm thinking I need to swap some optics on one of my bolt guns to be able to shoot further than 400....
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Thanks to everyone who came to the rondy! Lots of great shooting, cooking, fellowship, and new friends! Although it was rainy, we had some windows of sunshine for long range work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Dersu Uzala

www.tenkaratracks.com

This is my first time back on the forums in a long time. I just want to say how great it was to meet up with everyone at the Rondy. I had a blast, literally, on the range and it was a perfect setting to reset from the craziness and busy schedule I've been on the past few months. Thank you to Patrick, Paul, Angie, and everyone else who were so very welcoming to the old "new guy" from Connecticut. Hard to believe I've been running Kifaru gear since 2007 and this is the first time I've attended an event like this.

FYI, if you guys want to reach out to me via E-mail or social media, my contact info is below.

estelawildernesseducation@gmail.com
    Instagram: @Estelawilded
    Facebook: Estela Wilderness Education, LLC