Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1000d vs 500d in a pack

Default Re: 1000d vs 500d in a pack

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I am working on some more packs for our urban line including more options for laptops. There are some things I would like to change on the Antero, laptop access being one of them.
    That’s a great thing to hear. Laptop access is the only thing that keeps my Antero out of my EDC rotation and in my ‘Grab & go’ rotation.

If you’re looking for suggestions just give me a ring- I’ve got a ton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I am working on some more packs for our urban line including more options for laptops. There are some things I would like to change on the Antero, laptop access being one of them.
    My suggestion is the Antero needs the stays like the Xray. I'm one of those people who like to hike and bushcraft with my edc and the Antero gets uncomfortable quick with any weight in it. Other than that I would like a Velcro section for morale patches.

Quote Originally Posted by XMP View Post
    I think 500d is tough enough for most anything. Probably its biggest drawback is lack of structure when a pack isn't completely full. It's undoubtedly more floppy.
    .... gross failures in only attaching via 3 bar sliders.
    The 3 bar sliders work fine for me, if, and only if, the host pack's full, so the sliders don't have wiggle room....
    The framesheet in my Antero give it enough rigidity to stand up. Stays (like the XRay) seem to make more sense transferring weight to a belt... I've used a belt with the Antero, once. That was for an overnight business trip with clothes and a laptop and enough wandering to justify putting attachments for the upper delta straps.. Haven't been back there since..
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

To me one of the big advantages of a belt on a small pack is to have belt pouches easily accessible so you can get at stuff while walking without having to keep taking the bag on and off.

Looking forward to seeing the new "Alice Style" whitetail ruck... It would be cool to have a Kifaru version of the Mystery Ranch mountain ruck but smaller, more like a medium Alice.

Want an idea for a great EDC/urban bag? Easy; make a "slick" Marauder. Keep the MOLLE inside for organization and keep the OMNI belt as an option. Make it available in some "civilian" colors (blue, hunter green, etc) plus all the usual colors and add the center release compression straps. Please keep the suspension. Don't do away with all the great MountainSmith/Kifaru comfort and carrying capability!

Free idea, just send me one to T&E . . .

Heck, I could probably talk my leadership into purchasing something like this for our SAR packs.

Take care,
    "Heal with steel"
    Buckaroomedic

"Noli nothis permittere te terere."