Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door Gunner

Default Door Gunner

Anyone have one yet? I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it but had been holding off to see what people thought. Love that it has stays and feel Kifaru missed the ball on the Antero by not having them.

I would like to see pics too if you have them. I'm assuming all color options are two tone with the 4 way stretch fabric like the Urban Ruck. I'm hoping to see a wolf grey.

Default Re: Door Gunner

I have one, really liking it so far. I wanted a "fast and light" pack for short hikes and summits. It carries very well, and I can't overload it. I had an antero and I overloaded it. (if I have the space, I will fill it!) I did a couple of 12-14 mile hikes with it loaded 35 Lbs and it was not comfortable. I don't have any photos, but there's a thread on Rokslide about it with some photos of one in RG.

I'm worried about the 4 way stretch fabric losing it's stretch after a few years.

Thanks for info!

I wonder about the 4 way too. I carry a 40 oz hydroflask so I'm sure it would be stretched to limit for that bottle. I've heard the bottle pockets on the Mystery Ranch 3dap loses its stretch over time but not sure if it's same fabric

The 3dap pockets are plain 500d with elastic on top.

35 pounds in an Antero? I'd have a hard time getting to fit 20 pounds of gear and water in a pack that size. My 14r packed full for an overnight weighs less than 30, including nearly a gallon of water!

(pic Links expired)
    Last edited by LMT66; 07-16-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks for the pics. Yeah, do miss Mel and the assistance he provided. DG is intriguing but looks like I will be staying with the scout for now - may pick one up later in the secondary market just to try. Don't see a big benefit over a scout with Eagle canteen pouches on the side plus the many all-sides configuration options with the molle on the Scout.
    Last edited by Pardner; 04-27-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Thanks for the pics LMT!

Looks like a nice slim pack compared to the Xray.

Hey guys, sorry to join the conversation late. The 4way stretch is from Ghering Tricot / Tweave and is the most durable stretchy fabric we could find. The front of the Doorgunner has a doubled up panel of the fabric so it will hold up better over time to stretch and abuse. The side pockets have 1" military rated elastic rolled up in the top to provide the retention to water bottles and will have a much longer life than most pockets of this construction (the fabric restricts the elastic from stretching too far where the fibers would break). The rolled edge on the inside is meant to help capture certain parts of the water bottle and especially nesting cups so they will stay put until needed. The original intention of the Doorgunner was as a lightweight hydration capable summit pack that could handle more gear than a camelbak style bag. With the stays and waist belt, it can melt pretty effectively behind the wearer. I made the capacity limited for the fact that if I have space, I will carry more stuff. Thanks LMT66 for posting the pics, most appreciated
    Eric Bender
    -eric@kifaru.net

Eric

Any chance of pics being added to website? I'm hoping to see what the wolf gray looks like before I buy but ranger green is only shown so far.