Thread: End of The Trail Camp.

Default End of The Trail Camp.

Ok guys here is the sit rep. As some of you know I have had a case of the Pancreatic Cancer since August of 2016, its been a battle and I have learned to live life day to day. The odds of beating this thing are astronomically high but I do what I can. Now some of you might think that this is a little morbid so be forewarned and find something more age appropriate if you are sensitive. I have looked at how hospice care works, someone comes into your home and makes you cozy and comfy until you take your last breath. I dont know about you but that sounds boring as **** to me and not nearly as pleasant as dying outside somewhere with fresh air on your face and a view to make you feel like you're on top of the world.
    So here is the plan, I am thinking of purchasing a Super Tarp, set it up with a large comfortable cot facing a great view. A super comfy air mattress on said cot, name a brand that is great if you think of one, a stove, large campfire with a good wood supply, seating for my friends, their shelters in case it ends up taking a day or two, lots of great food for grilling and beverages for all involved. I have a couple of friends who will stay with me to keep vigil and take care of my needs as they arise. This of course is still in the planning stages and could be months away yet, or not. I guess what I am looking for is advice or tips for the camp set up that might make this experience better. If you have a certain piece of camp gear or way of doing things that make camp that much more comfortable or fun lets here them here and now. Everything is open from menu options to your favorite piece of kit.

Default Re: End of The Trail Camp.

I would check out a seek Redcliffe for shelter, helinox cot lite or high cot and a thermarest xtherm.
    Those are about the most comfortable items that come to mind.
    Nothings impossible, just expensive.

I agree with Matt, all around, a bigger tipi's better, the super tarp's going to be crowded.

That Widowshooter also runs the helinox. Here's a pic of him in my TiGoat V8 The nice thing is that with the cot, you're not in the mud. The bed with the cot is over to the right side of the pic, in the slopiest mud you can find after digging out 2.5 feet of snow followed by a 60F+ day at 9,500'.

For ultra comfort, a mat on that. I just got a helinox too, REI dividend... I don't see using a downmat with this, ever....
    Last edited by robcollins; 04-25-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Im sorry to hear it man, pancreatic cancer just got my grandfather. Id echo the fellas here, comfortable high end gear. Ransom has a swiveling hello ox chair that is super comfortable and camp friendly. Perhaps a sitting option would be nice.

Man.. Id cary a damn tempurpedic up the ridge for a buddy with that last wish. Let me know if you need help carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    I agree with Matt, all around, a bigger tipi's better, the super tarp's going to be crowded.

That Widowshooter also runs the helinox. Here's a pic of him in my TiGoat V8 The nice thing is that with the cot, you're not in the mud. The bed with the cot is over to the right side of the pic, in the slopiest mud you can find after digging out 2.5 feet of snow followed by a 60F+ day at 9,500'.

For ultra comfort, a mat on that. I just got a helinox too, REI dividend... I don't see using a downmat with this, ever....
    The Tarp will be for me, friends will have their own tents, there will be a large warm fire and chairs when people are sitting with me. This will have to be a drive in area since I dont want my remains strapped to a cargo chair...lol.