Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hunting pack - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting pack

Default Re: Hunting pack

Just got a 14r.....in only a little over a week after placing the order! Compared to the Woodsman and 22in frame, it's about the same height, smaller circumference, and markedly lighter. The pack fits like a glove out of the box, excited to take it out. I will try to post a review with pics of different configurations sometime next week.

I think the 22" frame really shines as a tactical platform, it would be nice if there were a couple more tactical style bags for it (along the lines of a modernized Alice and USMC pack).

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    .... I think the 22" frame really shines as a tactical platform, it would be nice if there were a couple more tactical style bags for it (along the lines of a modernized Alice and USMC pack).
    I've not tried it, but I'd bet a nickle that a FILBE would fit it... FILBE bags are cheap, like $35 for a "hand select", and lots that are cheaper that have been loved more...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Thought about that, Iím sure itís sleeve would slide over the frame. However, attaching load lifters and other parts of the bag seem problematic. In sure it could be engineered to work....but I ainít got time for that.

The 14'r is one hell of a day pack! Congrats, and the turnaround time was really good!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com