Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories

Default Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories (now 420)

I am the second owner of this Pointman. No mods, rips, tears, stains or broken stuff. ONLY marking is my contact info you can see in the pic. This will be carefully blacked out. The nylon is still stiff just like a new pack is. other than me telling you it is liiiiiightly used, you would have a hard time telling it was anything other than new.

This is the late production without the obnoxious quick release buckles
    -carbon fiber stays 22 inch stays
    -includes medium AND small belt
    -has Kifaru hanging pouch inside w/ spare one

This is truly an amazing pack but I am outta the Army and will never use it in the guard, lol. This needs to find a home.
    I will sell for 380 shipped PayPal gift or 395 regular

Last edited by Dissipator16; 03-21-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Default Re: Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories

I'll take the grab it.

Grab it SOLD / prices updated!
    Last edited by Dissipator16; 03-18-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Prices dropped

Price dropped again, hopefully this will stir up interest

I love the Pointman, it's a big small pack at 3,000 ci. Most don't know it, but, unzip the bottom all the way, compress the upper pack body, and the bottom can act like a cargo shelf, and the PALS webbing on the upper can attach lash straps like an improvised Duplex hauler. Easily would hold a bone in elk hind quarter and more. Elimination of that bottom zipper is my biggest irk with the newer designs.

Personally, I think you're crazy for selling it. My Pointman and MollEx aren't ever going away...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

The last generation Pointman was a great pack. I sold mine and run a Woodsman or Tahr on a 22 frame now. I like these bags but I should of kept the Pointman also. It would be cool if Kifaru made a Pointman and Zulu style bag for the 22in frame.

I loved using it and after getting zero hits on multiple different selling forums, I am just surprised honestly. It is such a great pack and I think it is a more than fair price. I wish I had never sold my original point man i used in Afghanistan, but I corrected my ways and bought this a few years later but never used it.

I also like the hard core compression straps which allow full compression and the dual zippered access.

I am going to remove the for sale adds from everywhere else and just leave this here, but honestly I do not know if i would even sell it at this point. Like you guys said, i would probably regret it

I was slow to adopt it, haven't ever been a fan of cutting edge expensive stuff. (overly analytical penny pinching desk jockey, not military, but seem to gravitate to friends who were and who hunt, fish, backpack) Didn't get into the Kifaru game until about 2010, but had been running US made (while Patrick ran it) back starting in about 1990.

Everything you posted is spot on. It's a great pack. Luckily, those compression straps work great, so a light load rides well too. I put "field expedient male buckles on above the shoulder straps and run an XTL on mine too. Sorry it didn't sell, because, well, that means people don't see the value in it, or in Patrick & Mel's older designs. Glad it didn't sell, you've still got your pack. Wring every bit of value you can out of it, pass it on to your kids, they'll likely have it for their lifetime too... I just wish it was the one you deployed with, would've increased the value when you passed it on.
    Last edited by robcollins; 03-21-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

The pointman is a great pack. I'd like to point out the obvious... It may be 'new' condition, but you do have sharpie written on it with your name and number. Could be off putting to some folks.

I also miss the older style bags and regret selling them over the years. Now there are folks who are selling them and sometimes I'm lucky enough to pick one up. Anyone have a G2 marauder or xing they are looking to sell?