Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories

Default Re: Like New Pointman (late production) and accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Kifaru1234 View Post
    ...It may be 'new' condition, but you do have sharpie written on it with your name and number. Could be off putting to some folks.
    I LOVE those packs. My Military Division Marauder had spray paint (greenish gray on an OD pack) and sharpie all over it, and, previous owner, brilliantly, cut the shoulder straps off and the horizontal compression straps on the beavertail. But at least he documented his stupidity by documenting it was his. Mr. Ondersma, whoever you are, thanks for the pack...

I bought it for $50 from Ransom, he ran onto it in a group trade. (no joke, thanks for that gem, Matt, see you Sunday!!)

Threw X-Ray straps on, fabbed the lifter straps onto them, and have been using it ever since. I spent more on my E&E...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

the sharpie could be putting someone off, but i don't think to that extent. I have gotten one offer which there was no way it would work out. I think it is more an older pack and not the cutting edge.

But yeah, i am glad she is here

I sold my multi cam point man to some dude when i lived in Fife, WA.... he was a hunter. I would love to have it back but honestly, i HATED those QR buckles they had back then, they always cut into my armpits bad.

Everything happens for a reason right?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    I LOVE those packs. My Military Division Marauder had spray paint (greenish gray on an OD pack) and sharpie all over it, and, previous owner, brilliantly, cut the shoulder straps off and the horizontal compression straps on the beavertail. But at least he documented his stupidity by documenting it was his. Mr. Ondersma, whoever you are, thanks for the pack...

I bought it for $50 from Ransom, he ran onto it in a group trade. (no joke, thanks for that gem, Matt, see you Sunday!!)

Threw X-Ray straps on, fabbed the lifter straps onto them, and have been using it ever since. I spent more on my E&E...
    So what you're saying is Dissipator should sell the pointman for $50?

Quote Originally Posted by Kifaru1234 View Post
    So what you're saying is Dissipator should sell the pointman for $50?
    Were that the case, my response would have been "I'll take it, PM inbound..." And then I'd be passing it to a friend who needs it. Not a thing wrong with his ask price. Pack's worth every penny he was asking or I wouldn't have chimed in. I've flirted with selling stuff and come to realize I valued it too much to let it go... He'll get more use out of it and be glad it didn't sell... Same as if somebody offered me $300 for my Marauder. "Nope".
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

I've learned my lesson, so my G2 Marauder is not for sale. In fact, if they did a limited run of the Marauder, I'd get another.

Another Pointman Owner and fan here also. Would never sell mine either. Its my go to pack for working out and for my Truck =). I actually figured out how to turn it from 22 inch to 24 inch by adding Load lifter straps to dunamis gear barrel duffel that straps into the top of my pointman and rides on top which then gives me more lift. Turns the pack into a 4000 ci also and can actually get 3 days out of it. Posting this incase it helps you sell yours.

I just bought a Mountain Ridge Gear Medium Duffel for exactly that James! I also was able to see Eric's shop. (gonehuntn is his handle here on the forums) For those that don't know it, Mountain Ridge Gear sewed the Kifaru duffels, since Kifaru discontinued them, they've taken over, and Eric's sewing them down in Peyton, CO.

Name:  0204181426a.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  66.7 KB

Sell your pointman?! Madness

Nice work turning the add in to a thread Rob.

LOL!

This is still for sale, but I am No longer trying.....