Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Chamber Slider

Thread: Chamber Slider

Default Chamber Slider

I bought a Chamber Slider for my Xray and just received it. I knew by the measurements it would be a close fit and it does fit my 1800 cubic inch bag but barely.

It will not fit in the hydration bladder but goes in main compartment ok but not great. It really takes up too much interior volume to be worth the organization trade off. These things are probably better off on the larger framed packs imo.

Just wanted to give my thoughts on it for those interested in it for the edc sized bags that it is rather large. Not sure it would fit in the smaller UZ or Antero at all.

Default Re: Chamber Slider

Quote Originally Posted by crossada View Post
    I bought a Chamber Slider for my Xray and just received it. I knew by the measurements it would be a close fit and it does fit my 1800 cubic inch bag but barely.

It will not fit in the hydration bladder but goes in main compartment ok but not great. It really takes up too much interior volume to be worth the organization trade off. These things are probably better off on the larger framed packs imo.

Just wanted to give my thoughts on it for those interested in it for the edc sized bags that it is rather large. Not sure it would fit in the smaller UZ or Antero at all.
    The chamber slider is 17.5", and the stays on the X-Ray are 17".

The Omni Frame Sheet is 16.5", it's designed to fit an Urban Zippy or Antero.

From those 2 things, the slider's ~.5" too tall to fit right in an X-Ray and about an inch too tall to fit right in an Urban Zippy or Antero.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

I'm thinking the sliders may be useful in the larger packs also. Specifically the Woodsman in day mode.

True on that Rob. Kifaru should probably change their website info because it says it will fit wherever a Chamber pocket fits.

Default Chamber Slider

I just received my chamber slider pals for my Antero and it fits without issue. It hangs on the fasteners at the top but does make everything behind it mostly in accessible.
    Last edited by fordcappy; 03-14-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Anybody try this on a Zippy yet? Can it replace the edc frame sheet? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pardner View Post
    Anybody try this on a Zippy yet? Can it replace the edc frame sheet? Thanks.
    I asked Aron on Facebook and he said it won’t replace the Omni Frame Sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Chamber Slider

I received my slider for my Antero. It fits fine with no issues.

2 photos are showing it attached and then the slider in the Antero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fordcappy; 03-17-2018 at 01:54 PM.