Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lightly used SUUNTO VECTOR

Thread: Lightly used SUUNTO VECTOR

Cool Lightly used SUUNTO VECTOR

I bought this and barely used it. I replaced the battery. there is a tiiiiiiny scuff on the screen on the left side which you can't really see unless the angle is perfect and barely shows up on here. small scuff on the bezel. Great watch, now discontinued, and I just do not wear it as I have another I wear more.

asking 70 shipped CONUS via PayPal gift
    Last edited by Dissipator16; 03-04-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Default Re: Lightly used SUUNTO VECTOR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dissipator16 View Post
    I bought this and barely used it. I replaced the battery. there is a tiiiiiiny scuff on the screen on the left side which you can't really see unless the angle is perfect and barely shows up on here. small scuff on the bezel. Great watch, now discontinued, and I just do not wear it as I have another I wear more.

asking 75 shipped CONUS via PayPal gift
    Smoking deal for this. I have the Vector HR, love it. Having the compass, altimeter together's great, especially in canyons with not enough sky to feed a GPS. Another plus is that you can replace the battery yourself. (it comes with a replacement battery cover when you buy the battery, use a quarter to change it)
    Last edited by robcollins; 03-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    Smoking deal for this. I have the Vector HR, love it. Having the compass, altimeter together's great, especially in canyons with not enough sky to feed a GPS. Another plus is that you can replace the battery yourself. (it comes with a replacement battery cover when you buy the battery, use a quarter to change it)
    Sorry to thread derail, I'm considering the watch but have a question first. Rob/Dissipator, how accurate has the altimeter been? How do you account for changes in barometric pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by jhayes6405 View Post
    Sorry to thread derail, I'm considering the watch but have a question first. Rob/Dissipator, how accurate has the altimeter been? How do you account for changes in barometric pressure?
    I always seem to be within 50' of what I come up with on the Avenza map on my phone. If I see it swing and I can validate my elevation with a known position on a map, I'll adjust it right then and there. Over several days it could be a few hundred feet off, if I tweak it more frequently, it's right on.

I remember reading a post from Aaron Snyder that he thought the Casio Triple Sensor something or other was more accurate, getting batteries changed means sending it off somewhere or having a shop locally that can change the seals. I've got an old one in the drawer with dead batts, my Vector has the HR monitor, so having all of that together has been my justification, but between my mapping software and non-electronic altimeter for validation, I'd call the Suunto plenty adequate. I still prefer a handheld compass if I need precision there and care to dope the declination, but, it's pretty rare that I bust out the transit or even the Cammenga.... I can adjust 15 degrees in my head pretty easily, and the mountains I play in, there's enough distinction in features, I can reconcile where I'm at pretty well if I've got an idea of my elevation, rough directions, and a map...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

price drop to 70 shipped

This is sold