Thread: Similar Pockets, Other Manufacturers

Default Similar Pockets, Other Manufacturers

Hello Everyone,
    Like so many, I missed the boat purchasing various Kifaru pockets. I own an EMR and a Navigator. I am wondering if anyone has knowledge/experience with pockets of similar size, features, quality etc. to out-of-production Kifaru pockets and thought starting a thread of "match-to-match" would be helpful to many. Specifically, I am interested in finding matches to Kifaru long pockets, 2 quart utility and claymore, but am sure other sizes/features, etc would interest me and other members.
    Thank you very much.

Default Re: Similar Pockets, Other Manufacturers

This was a recent thread, http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=46570

I'm planning on reaching out to the folks mentioned there, haven't had time due to Rondy prep (snowshoeing and cutting wood) and Cub Scout February craziness (taking over as Cubmaster, and working with kids cutting out Pinewood Derby cars and running the race)

I think it's worthwhile to chime in there to consolidate the 1. pouches you're after and 2. the colors you want.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

https://www.mountainridgegear.com/co...ouches-pockets

I have one of their duffle bags and its bombproof. I plan to order some pouches in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by medic16 View Post
    https://www.mountainridgegear.com/co...ouches-pockets

I have one of their duffle bags and its bombproof. I plan to order some pouches in the future.
    I have a few as well, thanks man, I'll drop this in that other thread as well, I'll take any chance to send Eric business, great guy, and though his offerings are different, he's sewn a LOT of Kifaru, whether y'all know it or not.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

David at Native Textiles does GREAT work. Emdom USA, great quality NOT made in USA

Anyone have a great alternative to pods

Quote Originally Posted by calixkings View Post
    Anyone have a great alternative to pods
    Pods8 on Rokslide. It is Adam at ruggedstiching@gmail.com. I carried a custom pack this weekend that he made for a NICE frame, main bag held a USGI black bag and bivy and an Exped Downmat 9, then had a meat shelf that held a 15" cast iron skillet, a large pod, shovel, snowshoe tails, big zebra pot, a chain saw on top with gas, and an AR in a gunbearer.

Everyone I know who he's built stuff for is really pleased with cost/quality/speed/design flexibility.

Rad thank you!