Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban Ruck up on website now

Default Urban Ruck up on website now

I think I'm going to take a wait and see attitude with this bag. Doesn't look like it has a frame so that is a disappointment but maybe the omni frame will fit. Also no compression straps. Would rather have a zippered lid too. But the biggest thing for me is they need to offer it in black for an urban bag

Those chamber pocket panels look amazing though!

Default Re: Urban Ruck up on website now

On Instagram Aron said the slip in panels won't work in an Urban Zippy. I'd infer from that the reverse is also the case, and the Omni Frame won't work in the Urban Ruck.

I asked Kifaru customer service about it fitting in the UZ earlier and they told me it will. From the dimensions on the website it looks it will fit the UZ as well. Hope they aren't wrong. I just ordered both panels.

Quote Originally Posted by iminanalog View Post
    I asked Kifaru customer service about it fitting in the UZ earlier and they told me it will. From the dimensions on the website it looks it will fit the UZ as well. Hope they aren't wrong. I just ordered both panels.
    That's good news. I hope you'll share your impressions after you get them and try it in the Zippy.

DISCLOSURE: I probably don't know what I am talking about since I don't have the actual insert at hand, this is just from info on the net.
    I looked at the Omni frame and it says 16.5 inches tall, the new inserts say 17.5 inches. If it is that full inch longer, it's a no-go on the Antero because of the way the framesheet slides in to a sleeve with a top velcro cover. I don't have the zippy with me right now but from memory it does not have a sleeve with a top velcro cover for the framesheet so it should be ok but maybe not anchored up top on the chamber slots but should be easy to rig something together. Be interested in this also.

Quote Originally Posted by crossada View Post
    the biggest thing for me is they need to offer it in black for an urban bag.
    I agree Id have an order in now for one in black.

My hesitation is with the drawstring closure. I understand the benefits but I just do not like drawstring closures as a bag opening specially for urban edc bags. Zippers are my preference for convenience regardless of inherent issues and I will tolerate the roll-top but I just can't get past the drawstring closure. Probably just me but I'll wait and see the reactions on this one before moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pardner View Post
    My hesitation is with the drawstring closure. I understand the benefits but I just do not like drawstring closures as a bag opening specially for urban edc bags. Zippers are my preference for convenience regardless of inherent issues and I will tolerate the roll-top but I just can't get past the drawstring closure. Probably just me but I'll wait and see the reactions on this one before moving forward.
    Agreed!! It's like an alice pack with a laptop sleeve

I've been considering a Tarainsert for my Tac Zippy, but if this fits I'll definitely be picking one up soon

I have been waiting for a better way to carry a laptop in my UZ and immediately ordered the Chamber inserts as well. Crossing my fingers it will fit!