Thread: tikka t3x 300wsm

Default tikka t3x 300wsm

Hi. I picked up a Tikka T3x in 300 wsm recently and was curious what factory loads guys were having good luck with. Thanks, rijrunr

Default Re: tikka t3x 300wsm

I've been happy with the Nosler 180 gr accubond loads. And I may try the 200 gr Hornady ELDX, too.

The Noslers shoot very well out of my Savage, as they did with my prior Savage 300 WSM.

Thanks Kevin. I will give them a try.

The 180 accubond in fed premium worked well, too, as did the TSX. Tikkas are like Savages, they pretty much just shoot anything well. I think you'll be real happy with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmassaro View Post
    The 180 accubond in fed premium worked well, too, as did the TSX. Tikkas are like Savages, they pretty much just shoot anything well. I think you'll be real happy with yours.
    I have to agree on the Tikka assessment. I have a Tikka Super Lite in 308 Win that sat in the box for 2 years before I got it out two weeks ago. Mounted a Vortex 4-16x42 in Warren Steel rings, dont like the factory rings. Three shots to zero at a hundred yards, three shot group under a half inch perfectly dead center at 211 yards. Trigger was not adjusted but was 2.27 lbs from the factory. Maybe not as cheap as a Savage but it is lighter and extremely accurate. Factory ammo, Hornady Black, 155 gr A-Max.