Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Christensen Arms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christensen Arms

Default Christensen Arms

Looking at the Mesa and Ridgeline. Mesa has a light weight tapered steel barrel and Ridgeline is carbon fiber wrapped bull. Both just a bit over six pounds. Anyone here have any experience with either of these rifles? Im leaning towards the Ridgeline. Do we have any Christensen Arms owners here?

Default Re: Christensen Arms

I am not an owner yet, but thinking very hard about getting a Mesa in 6.5 Creedmoor. I talked to Huntsman22's nephew the other day, and he's making the composite stocks for Christiansen Arms. It's a small world!
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

Not an owner either but I have read plenty of favorable reviews on both. They announced a bronze color of the MESA for 2018 that looks neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why didn't that guy utilize all the slots on his rail and maximize his ring spacing? rookies, sheesh....... But hey, he's got cool camo and a short range scope.

Yep there are often a lot of errors in marketing photos. Notice the safety is not on either. May not even be loaded but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman22 View Post
    Why didn't that guy utilize all the slots on his rail and maximize his ring spacing? rookies, sheesh....... But hey, he's got cool camo and a short range scope.
    How is that a short range scope? Its a hunting rifle, not sniper rifle.

Why buy a rifle capable of longer range precision work and hamstring it with glass that is like Lone Wati's piece of hard rock candy? It's not for eating, it's for looking through...... It's not for steering bullets, it's just for looking through....

Why buy a rifle capable of longer range precision work and hamstring it with glass that is like Lone Wati's piece of hard rock candy? It's not for eating, it's for looking through...... It's not for steering bullets, it's just for looking through....
    So what is the power range on that scope? 3-9? 2.5-10? 4-12? All of those power ranges are capable of making long shots on game. If you are just punching tiny groups in paper you might need more but for the effective and ethical killing of big game those scopes are more than up to the task. Think Jack OConner with his 270 win and a straight 4x scope.

This is the 21st century. And that rifle is, too..... Why not get a scope that ya don't have to rely on guesswork and kaintooky holdover? They really do make scopes that can be dialed accurately now.

This is the 21st century. And that rifle is, too..... Why not get a scope that ya don't have to rely on guesswork and kaintooky holdover? They really do make scopes that can be dialed accurately now.
    Im guessing it has a hold over reticle, but no way to know that without looking through the scope. Its not a cheap scope... I think its better to know your rifle and what you can do with it.