Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Colorado Winter Rondy!! Yippppeeeeeeeeee - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado Winter Rondy!! Yippppeeeeeeeeee

Default Re: Colorado Winter Rondy!! Yippppeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
    Come one, come all! See how you fare against my 7 year old, 4 year old is still training!
    Might bring the chipmunk for some .22 plinking and maybe my new to me Henry survival rifle and see if we can find some elusive bunnies!

Bunny season ends at the end of February. I hope that your Henry Survival rifle works better than mine does.

Ekno: What vintage is your AR-7? Charter Arms, Henry, etc.? My new Henry is way better than the old Charter. what kind of issues are you having?

Mine is a Henry is about 10 years old. When I could not move the sight enough to sighted in for windage Henry sent me a new barrel. By pushing the front sight far over I am about on now. The rifle had a lot of failures to feed and chamber. I have tried different ammo.
    While I am reluctant to trade the Survival rifle off I generally use a takedown Ruger 10-22 when I want a light .22 these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
    The NE boys gotta Day o, we might say yipppeeee.
    Well it's going to be fun, exciting and in the spirit of letting the snow gods lay down a little more for us to play on, it will be the first weekend in March. Saturday is the 3rd.
    Some folks I'm sure will go up Thursday or Friday and stay as late as Monday maybe. Location will be north of Silverthorne, details can be had by PMing me or Paul (Sawtooth). It's about a mile ski/snowshoe in to a gorgeous little spot with nice views of stars, great backcountry skiing access and some darn good people.
    Please post here if you're planning on coming so we can get numbers as we all tend to bring vittles.
    It is a bring your own food, but bring extra if it's good, we love to share.
    Other questions, ask away and we'll get them answered.
    See ya in 6 weeks or so
    I think I can make it this year! I may be myself, plus 2 adults!
    Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
    ~AdkMtnGuy

[hr]

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Concealed Carry Instructor
    Oath Keeper
    Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

I'm contemplating heading up with the saw and the sled to stack some wood. The only for sure weekend day I can't is 2/24 (Pinewood Derby). Anybody else wanna get out before? Not hoping to go at it like I'm killin' snakes, but, dropping a tree or 2 before leaves more time, and simplifies with no tents in the way to grab the low hanging fruit.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

I might be able to come up on February 25th all day to cut and stack wood. How's that look for you, Rob?
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
    I might be able to come up on February 25th all day to cut and stack wood. How's that look for you, Rob?
    I think that sounds great! I might have 2 more guys to boot.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Good. I'll keep you posted as we get closer to next weekend.
    "Me got no house; me all time moving; light fire, make tent, sleep; all time go hunt, how have house?"

--Dersu Uzala
    Sihote'-Alin Range, Ussuria, 1902

www.tenkaratracks.com

My plan is to go up Friday morning a soon as I can escape from the Denver area. If someone can tell be the size of the group tipi I will start stamping out snow platform for that. Will help be needed Saturday morning to pack things in from the trail head, if so what time will help be needed. If some one wants a ride from the Denver Metro area leaving Friday morning and returning Sunday afternoon contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by eknopins View Post
    My plan is to go up Friday morning a soon as I can escape from the Denver area. If someone can tell be the size of the group tipi I will start stamping out snow platform for that. Will help be needed Saturday morning to pack things in from the trail head, if so what time will help be needed. If some one wants a ride from the Denver Metro area leaving Friday morning and returning Sunday afternoon contact me.
    I actually stomped out the group tipi spot in the same place as last year, west and a little south of where you were pitched last year. There's a few stomped trails that are much easier (I was in the last 2 weekends) and you're welcome to burn any stacked wood you find, you'll see tracks to the stacks...

I'll be heading up Friday after work. Justin & Zach will be up during the day Friday, Jeff & Jeremy probably too.