Thread: question about duplex belts

Default question about duplex belts

I have an older duplex frame and was wondering if I can replace the older duplex belt with a new duplex belt?

The old belt has the single 1.5'' webbing with the 1'' webbing sewn on top of that.

The bag I use on the frame is a MMR.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: question about duplex belts

I just got two new belts, but the MOLLE is not parallel so I am stuck with belts that do not work with all pouches. Be careful what you wish for. The older tactical belts were great; the newer ones are just not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by 97duc748 View Post
    I just got two new belts, but the MOLLE is not parallel so I am stuck with belts that do not work with all pouches. Be careful what you wish for. The older tactical belts were great; the newer ones are just not as good.
    Give them a call and see what their reasoning was. The discontinued side pockets were a fail with regards to the MOLLE spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by sealh82 View Post
    I have an older duplex frame and was wondering if I can replace the older duplex belt with a new duplex belt?

The old belt has the single 1.5'' webbing with the 1'' webbing sewn on top of that.

The bag I use on the frame is a MMR.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can put new belt on older frame.
    Nothings impossible, just expensive.

I ended up buying a new used duplex belt and it fit the old frame fine. I like that the delta strap lines up better on the pack and if I
    need to add another delta strap it would not be hard.

Thank you for the replies.

I use Molle pouches on both Omni and Duplex belts via Malice Clips. if the 3" doesn't fit (they usually do fit in most locations) I use the 5" making a new "bend" in the Malice Clip where necessary. Then I trim off the excess with a single edged razor blade. Malice Clip will now not lock in to place since end was trimmed so I just drill a 3/16" hole thru latching area and secure with a outdoor rated cable tie thru Malice Clip. Works/looks great and never a problem