Thread: x-ray and gun bearer an OK combo?

Default x-ray and gun bearer an OK combo?

I am looking for the smallest pack that will allow me to also use a gun bearer to carry my 12ga woods gun.

I had a Scout; I didn't feel that the pack was large enough and the platform stable enough for a gun bearer.

I am about to order a Tarryall which I believe will handle a gun bearer well.

What I am still looking for is a small day pack that will work well with a gun bearer.

Is the x-ray a viable option? Better options in the current or retired product lines?

Thanks

Default Re: x-ray and gun bearer an OK combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    I am looking for the smallest pack that will allow me to also use a gun bearer to carry my 12ga woods gun.

I had a Scout; I didn't feel that the pack was large enough and the platform stable enough for a gun bearer.

I am about to order a Tarryall which I believe will handle a gun bearer well.

What I am still looking for is a small day pack that will work well with a gun bearer.

Is the x-ray a viable option? Better options in the current or retired product lines?

Thanks
    Why not just use the tarryall for a day pack?
    To answer your question, yes I think the xray will work with the gun bearer but having both I've always rathered the way the taller packs fit my back way better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You're mounting it to 1. an Omni Belt 2. a shoulder strap. To the suspension, which >>IS<< the platform.

I've run gunbearers on Tailgunners, Scouts, X-Rays, MollEx, Marauder, Omni Yoke, (all Omni Suspensions) and Wrap Techs (ZXR, Pointman) and my Duplex frame. With shotguns, muzzleloaders, and scoped rifles.

Occasionally, adjusting shoulder straps and placement on the belt is needed, but, after rifle hunting last week with my Scout and climbing tree stands with my .270, I can say that if you spend the time to set up an X-Ray with a gun bearer, adjusting the shoulder straps correctly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better way to carry a long gun.... I haven't found a better way at least...
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

Thank you both.

My initial plan is to see if the Tarryall can be my small and medium pack all rolled into one.

If it's too big for my day pack uses the x-ray may be the next pack I get...

RobCollins thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind when setting up the Tarryall and gun bearer.

The Tarryall's a sweet pack, big enough to do multiple overnights with, curious about how compressible it is for single day use. The gunbearer is like anything else Kifaru, worth fiddling with to get it dialed in.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....