Thread: Omni belt size recap

Question Omni belt size recap

Hey guys,

since I have to cinch medium size belt (measured 34 inch waist) to the max with light clothing on, I decided to get a belt in size small from a member here.

Belt is as new, unused and unaltered.

Padded section fits perfectly (bit over 2inches past iliac crest) and it will fit over a layered outfit just fine.
    On the other hand, webbing is so short I have a hard time utilizing power-pull feature (I'll have to sew on extra webbing).

Concerning the powerpull - it has only one plastic loop through which 2inch webbing is fed (as opposed to 2loops on both of my omni belts of older make).

Since it has 2 delta straps on both sides, I take it this is not an EDC omni belt? 🤔

Mile
    handcrafted sheaths and knives, art in natural materials:
    Barbudo.Knives

Default Re: Omni belt size recap

Mile, the old Omni belts had two loops because the rear most one is for piggy backing other pack. You are supposed to use only the forward most one for waist belt. I too started out with Medium and switched to small. Unlike clothing if you're on the border between sizes always go smaller with hip belts. You want to have at LEAST an inch of adjustment left on each side of the buckle when wearing light clothing and belt is very tight. I think Kifaru can make a small-medium upon request.

Default Re: Omni belt size recap

hey Steveb, thanks for a concise explanation - in the end I had to try out various sizes for myself since opinions online were divided on the matter.
    Mile
    handcrafted sheaths and knives, art in natural materials:
    Barbudo.Knives