Thread: WTB Mountainsmith Mountainlight or similar

Default WTB Mountainsmith Mountainlight or similar

I like the way the Mountainsmiths from the late 90s and early 2000s fit. Looking for a multi-day sized pack from this time period. I like the look of the Mountainlight series but also the Frostfire. I've looked on ebay and a few other forums, but figured I'd try here too. Let me know if you have one you're willing to part with.

Default Re: WTB Mountainsmith Mountainlight or similar

Quote Originally Posted by CO_west View Post
    I like the way the Mountainsmiths from the late 90s and early 2000s fit. Looking for a multi-day sized pack from this time period. I like the look of the Mountainlight series but also the Frostfire. I've looked on ebay and a few other forums, but figured I'd try here too. Let me know if you have one you're willing to part with.
    The '90s Mountainsmith Frostfires are the best value there is on a pack, imho. My 6'8" tall friend has mine. (I'm 5'10") It's the first pack I think he's ever had that fit. Fit me fine too. I think eBay is your best bet based on observed frequency. I like the older material on the Frostfire, no experience with the Mountainlight. I *believe* that mountainlights came after Patrick sold the company, so, I by default, like them less. (my bias is a thing, but I noticed it and formed that opinion before I knew that Patrick had sold Mountainsmith and probably had nothing to do with the fabric choice)
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein
    "Count your blessings and you will never finish" - Fr. Jim Babb, SJ

Default Re: WTB Mountainsmith Mountainlight or similar

They early Mountainlight series were built when Patrick still owned Kifaru. I just sold a Mountainlight 2000 pack a few days ago. This pack was pretty much a summit bag with no suspension.