Thread: Quad sticks

Default Quad sticks

This is a product from Rudolph Optics called Quad Sticks. I've been using one for a couple of years. It supports your rifle in two places, with the aid of a bungee cord. And you can hold pretty darn well under field conditions. I've used it for very good afternoon or two shooting prairie dogs out to 350-400 yards, and just used it on a 400 yd perfect hit on a doe pronghorn last weekend.

They take a little practice to get into position quickly. But once you do, it's pretty steady. And it's particularly good if you have something like an aspen tree at your back. Then, you're probably MOA as they claim, or maybe a bit better, steady. For me, it's worlds better than a Trigger Stick, and useable sitting, when I have to get above the sage.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/store/quad-sticks.html

Default Re: Quad sticks

Hey Kevin!
    would this be a good choice for my daughter?

We'll be deer hunting from double tree stands, wooden "custom" tree stands, ground blinds...

We've been "snapping in" and I'm going to work with her on using the sling this weekend.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

You're welcome to borrow them for a while and see, Rob. I'm not that far from you.

Hi this is Josie, Rob's daughter. My dad has talked to me about these Quad Sticks and said you would be willing to lend us these for when I go deer hunting in November. I think this is very kind to let me borrow these Quad Sticks! I am excited to go deer hunting and I think this will be very helpful.

(switch to Rob)
    I'll pm you Kevin, she's excited about shooting a deer. Went to Cherry Creek weekend before last, she was in tears before the first shot, then total surprise that the recoil was there but didn't hurt... (Model 99 Savage in .250-3000 Savage with 75 grain bullets)

Thank you for the kind offer!!

The only question is whether you have enough room to extend them when sitting.....but the best way to know is to let you try...when in November?

We're heading out on 11/9, Widowshooter has a CO mule deer season opening on 11/15, so likely coming back 11/14, short hunt...