Thread: Tarryall Thoughts

Default Tarryall Thoughts

I got to Kifaru late and would have bought a Xing if they were still in production. Then I saw the Tarryall which looks like a non-tactical Xing (and according to Aron itís an improved non-tactical Xing). Then I saw rather a few Tarryalls for sale in the trading post and on eBay and started to wonder... is the Tarryall a pack that only looks good until you start to use it?

What do people think of the Tarryall- especially Xing owners? Would one be better off sinking the cash into a proper frame & bag?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Tarryall Thoughts

Watching.

Tarryall is my current n+1, but, I'm pretty fickle, and have a Pointman, which is the same volume, but, is a very different pack. The Tarryall would be my long work travel pack instead of the TravelPro roller bag.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

I'm really liking my Tarryall. It's replaced my Late Season and 14'r. Yes, it feels like the urban Xing we begged for years ago. I was a Xing user and never warmed up to it. Spent more time adding and subtracting pockets than I did actually carrying it. Attached empty pockets were always "floppy". The suspension was fine but I've found the newer Tarryall suspension is more comfortable and actually moves with you a little just like Aron describes in the video. The Tarryall pockets are well thought out and hold everything well without extra floppy fluff attached to the outside of your pack. Just like the Xing the front panel load is awesome and the built in pockets on it hold a ton without adding bulk to the front door. Overall I'm glad I made the switch and don't see letting it go for quite some time.

Awesome notes. Thanks for your insight.

Probably the biggest thing holding me back is that I really want to be able to add pockets high up on each side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's easy. Send it to David at Native Textiles. He can add a pals matrix for you and you'll have that option.

He does great work and has done several additions for me over the years. Most recently he added interior mesh pockets to my Antero. He also added multiple pals matrix tabs to the sides of a Late Season I had.

molon labe, mrbill

Quote Originally Posted by digemout View Post
    That's easy. Send it to David at Native Textiles. He can add a pals matrix for you and you'll have that option.

He does great work and has done several additions for me over the years. Most recently he added interior mesh pockets to my Antero. He also added multiple pals matrix tabs to the sides of a Late Season I had.

molon labe, mrbill
    I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by digemout View Post

molon labe, mrbill
    Anyone have any photo's of the end result? (specifically a matrix on a Tarryall)