Thread: What Color Is This?

Default What Color Is This?

Just acquired this belt from Kifaru. Never really intended to use it with the frame, was gonna use another belt with it. So I'm trying to sell this belt, but I've had several questions on the color. I've spoke with Kifaru, and after seeing photos they claim it's a light shade of Wolf Gray. I'm giving full disclosure within the classified thread, but I'm curious what y'all think. After giving full disclosure, should I push it as more Foilage or Wolf Gray?

The two Hill People Gear items I'm comparing it too are in Foilage. The shoulder straps I'm comparing it too are Wolf Gray, or as what I know Wolf Gray to be in my experiences. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jauwater; 09-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Default Re: What Color Is This?

Looks foliage to me

Ditto. Looks like foliage to me.

If I recall, one of the main reasons stated by Kifaru for discontinuing foliage products and using wolf gray instead was inconsistency from dye lot to dye lot. I'd say that belt's color definitely falls within what I've seen of that spectrum. However, the belt's webbing in most of the photos looks very much gray, not foliage. Perhaps this is a "transitionary" period belt, with wolf webbing on a foliage product? The color of the webbing on the belt looks very close to the 1" webbing on the wolf shoulder straps.

Quote Originally Posted by erikb02809 View Post
    Ditto. Looks like foliage to me.

If I recall, one of the main reasons stated by Kifaru for discontinuing foliage products and using wolf gray instead was inconsistency from dye lot to dye lot. I'd say that belt's color definitely falls within what I've seen of that spectrum. However, the belt's webbing in most of the photos looks very much gray, not foliage. Perhaps this is a "transitionary" period belt, with wolf webbing on a foliage product? The color of the webbing on the belt looks very close to the 1" webbing on the wolf shoulder straps.
    See, I thought that was the dead giveaway, that the webbing on the belt matches the Wolf Gray webbing on the shoulder straps, and shoulder straps perfectly. The belt material doesn't match the webbing at all, ones green, and ones gray, lol. I mean how can one say that the webbing on the belt, and the belt material are the same color? Even if, and they did, debate the dye coloring being different batch to batch, then at what point does Kifaru say "We can't sell this batch as the advertised color of Wolf Gray, because it's Foilage", regardless of what color might have been ordered? It's not that I'm unhappy with the belt, had no plans on keeping it, but if I'm gonna sell something I like to give an accurate description, and I was astonished to hear them say it's Wolf Gray, when I was gonna get it exchanged for the product color I ordered. But like I told them no need to exchange it Kifaru says it's correct.