Thread: Cargo Panel on a 14'r?

Default Cargo Panel on a 14'r?

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has tried to attach a cargo panel to a 14'r. I'm looking to get a day back that I can sandwich a kifaru stove and shelter to with a cargo panel. Don't want to use my duplex for short overnights. Pictures and input would be nice. Also, wondering if anybody has purchased a kryptek typhon 14'r that they could post pictures of so I can check it out.

Thanks
    Sarkis

Default Re: Cargo Panel on a 14'r?

It will work but I was thinking if a cargo net might be a better option for you which is half the weight and costs much less. I don't have one so this is just me thinking conceptually but I used to own a cargo panel and currently own a 14'r. To me the cargo panel is best on a frame given its weight and molle, and may be overkill on an internal frame pack.

Default Re: Cargo Panel on a 14'r?

Quote Originally Posted by Pardner View Post
    It will work but I was thinking if a cargo net might be a better option for you which is half the weight and costs much less. I don't have one so this is just me thinking conceptually but I used to own a cargo panel and currently own a 14'r. To me the cargo panel is best on a frame given its weight and molle, and may be overkill on an internal frame pack.
    Exactly my thoughts. Not sure which shelter you're contemplating, but you're likely going to be folding the Cargo Panel in half to use with the 14'r...
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....