Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kifaru store hours

Default kifaru store hours

will be going threw Denver September 9th, wanted to stop by Kifaru and pick up a few things, are they open on Saturdays???

Default Re: kifaru store hours

No sir. It's a Monday - Friday operation.

Bit me in the ass numerous times now. Lol

man..................that sucks! its the busiest time of the hunting season, hard to believe they aren't open on Saturdays September- November, guess ill try to order on Monday.
    thanks for the reply digemout.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnOyster View Post
    man..................that sucks! its the busiest time of the hunting season, hard to believe they aren't open on Saturdays September- November, guess ill try to order on Monday.
    thanks for the reply digemout.
    It's the middle of hunting season; most the people in the shop will be out hunting (archery season starts Aug 26). Also, that time of year they always get backed up between the increase in orders and people on vacation, so depending on what you're ordering it may be more than a month. If it's something small that they have in stock and you need it for a trip you can sometimes give them a call a couple days after you put in your order (it takes a couple days to get processed) and they will try to help you out, but don't expect miracles.

Besides the great products, and customer service there is this one thing that sticks out about Kifaru that keeps me having the utmost respect for them is the hours they keep. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is a lot of after hours work that goes on, but I feel the way they keep standard business hours, and closes down on the weekends shows they really respect their workers, and families. That's a rare quality in retail today. Hell, rare quality in America today period. Peoples time, and/or family time is far more important than a customer getting their pack by hunting season, IMO. I'm not saying any of these gentleman in this thread feel any differently, just felt the need to share :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jauwater View Post
    Besides the great products, and customer service there is this one thing that sticks out about Kifaru that keeps me having the utmost respect for them is the hours they keep. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is a lot of after hours work that goes on, but I feel the way they keep standard business hours, and closes down on the weekends shows they really respect their workers, and families. That's a rare quality in retail today. Hell, rare quality in America today period. Peoples time, and/or family time is far more important than a customer getting their pack by hunting season, IMO. I'm not saying any of these gentleman in this thread feel any differently, just felt the need to share :-)
    +1 to this. They aren't retail. They're a design shop that manufactures on site. Try to name another backpack manufacturer that designs, tests, builds, ships, returns, and warranties their stuff all from the same place. There are some really good packs out there. HPG, MR come to mind, but they've got really different designs and different ways of doing what they do.

I'm lucky, I live close enough to be able to call to see if anyone's there at a particular time, and make my drive and brief visit fit in a long lunch during the week. Being able to talk to someone on the phone or via email has been invaluable to me, Evan & Scot have done this, folks at Kifaru have too. Weekend operations would mean less QA and product development time, I'm glad they don't.
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....

Quote Originally Posted by robcollins View Post
    +1 to this. They aren't retail. They're a design shop that manufactures on site. Try to name another backpack manufacturer that designs, tests, builds, ships, returns, and warranties their stuff all from the same place. There are some really good packs out there. HPG, MR come to mind, but they've got really different designs and different ways of doing what they do.

I'm lucky, I live close enough to be able to call to see if anyone's there at a particular time, and make my drive and brief visit fit in a long lunch during the week. Being able to talk to someone on the phone or via email has been invaluable to me, Evan & Scot have done this, folks at Kifaru have too. Weekend operations would mean less QA and product development time, I'm glad they don't.
    Same here...Its a unique operation and I am glad to see they havent succumbed to the mass production at any cost mentality.

i'm glad they are all traditional but when you drive over 1k miles and your passing through and would like to stop by, shop , spend some money on a Saturday and their closed, that freakin sucks, I don't care who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnOyster View Post
    i'm glad they are all traditional but when you drive over 1k miles and your passing through and would like to stop by, shop , spend some money on a Saturday and their closed, that freakin sucks, I don't care who you are.
    Just wondering what you were thinking of picking up? Most Kifaru items are built to order (order comes in, and they send out order to local seamsters and seamstresses who go to work on building the items ordered) so they don't really keep stock in the store; other than stuff sacks, maybe some returned items, and potentially pullouts and logo wear. They did have "demo" items that you could fondle, at least, that's how they ran the last time I visited the shop.
    MojoSlim

Quote Originally Posted by MojoSlim View Post
    Just wondering what you were thinking of picking up? Most Kifaru items are built to order (order comes in, and they send out order to local seamsters and seamstresses who go to work on building the items ordered) so they don't really keep stock in the store; other than stuff sacks, maybe some returned items, and potentially pullouts and logo wear. They did have "demo" items that you could fondle, at least, that's how they ran the last time I visited the shop.
    I figured they just might atleast have a few items (frames, packs, pockets, bags, whatever) for sale in their shop for the everyday guy (or gal) that stops in, so ...........you are all telling me that kifaru has no inventory of the items they sell (normally?) just place an order and get it out to you? so it's order by phone and they really don't stock nothing?? hmm.......hard to believe with as many hunters, tree huggers ang nature hiking nuts that live in the state of Colorado,