Thread: What happened here?

Question What happened here?

Ordered a Kifaru UZ in OD green, it just arrived. Overall I'm very happy, but...

...there are two odd spots on the side, not sure what they are. Burn damage? Or glue spots? Defects?

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Buncheong; 08-12-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Default Re: What happened here?

Unbelievable

Why the 1-star rating? I just want to know what happened...

I am noticing a lot of negative threads about kifaru around various forums more and more. Maybe they need to return to their slower built to order time frame like they started with. I noticed you tried emailing twice which I have had bad luck with myself. Calling is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by crossada View Post
    I am noticing a lot of negative threads about kifaru around various forums more and more. Maybe they need to return to their slower built to order time frame like they started with. I noticed you tried emailing twice which I have had bad luck with myself. Calling is your best bet.
    Understood and thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by crossada View Post
    Or maybe the rate of issues remained constant or went down, but the volume of products sold (and the number of happy customers) continues to increase...

Hmm that does look interesting. Not really sure what that is. Like in any production business, during growth, your gonna have more issues arise. More issues that get past quality control. That's just the way of the beast. And yes, during growth you also get more happy customers as well. I see a handful of threads each month with some kind of Kifaru quality issue, but I'd be willing to bet Kifaru sells a lot more packs then other companies that are similar to them. I didn't take the OP post to be complaining. He seems like another happy Kifaru customer ( as he stated in his post ) who was curious about the markings on his brand new pack.

I feel like built to order products, especially something like a pack, would be difficult to keep up consistent quality during times of punishing growth. I feel like if they were stitching their packs as spec packs (packs to be sold) there would be more time for these packs to be looked at, and issues handled before being sent out.

I personally think Kifaru is great. Best company to purchase outdoor gear from, IMO.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm the minority, but I don't see how this effects the pack in anyway shape or form. Those spots look to be smaller than a pin head. One trip out and the pack would have more spots than that.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzers View Post
    Maybe I'm the minority, but I don't see how this effects the pack in anyway shape or form. Those spots look to be smaller than a pin head. One trip out and the pack would have more spots than that.
    This looks like the fabric was that way before it was sewn. I don't think it's worth a darn. You should sell it. Cheap...
    Forgive those who aren't sorry, accept apologies never received....